Little known Video SEO Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallofBooty

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I highly doubt it's gonna help. The "keyword in the file name" is an urban myth too. Keep in mind that metadata only tells YouTube what to rank the video for, not how high. If you put all the necessary information in the title, description and tags, what more could those file properties tell YT?
Well I think that the density of keywords seems to be important, if you have them in title, description, tags, everywhere, it should help. I've tried this, doesn't seem to have any effect though.

CaptainRomulus

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Interesting technique. Will check it out in my next animation video!

Kyrie

Creator.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
This isn't going to help in YouTube search rankings. This is for local file systems to catch the file easier. IE: You can search for "Eating a donut" instead of "Movie0001.mov"

Irahs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bookmarking for later reading. Thanks!

vgjfelix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Tim Schmoyer (at video creators) did a video on this a week or two ago and he seems to think this is myth.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

PrettyGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Wow it's nice to read some stuffs I can do to make my start great! Nice read! Thanks for the tips. I'll be starting next year anyways but I have some 3 minute videos you can watch so I can get advises on how I commentated on video games!

TechSquizz

Our mission is to be the Ultimate Tech Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Im going to give this a try myself. Thanks mate!!!

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The video filename thing is a myth. The title of your files does not affect search ranking. So I highly doubt this does either. You were ranked 2nd in results because you used good tags and titling - YouTube will give you the front page of the search results if you tag and title your video well for the first few days/week. It's only after that time the ranking will disappear, because after your initial boost that they give you they start ranking it by watch time.

Also your own videos appear higher ranked in search results to you because you've watched them before. For fair testing, open an incognito Window in Chrome or open the search results in a proxy and do a search and you'll find your actual ranking.

Hope this helps :)

HomelessRyder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm pretty sure this is a myth. I've never seen any sort of proof that this works, but I can't see any way that it would hurt.

What you could do to test this is upload the same video on 2 different channels at the same time with the same title, tags, and description. The only thing that should differ is the meta data between the 2 files. Compete against yourself and see which video ranks better!

Status
Not open for further replies.