Little known Video SEO Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guna do a little test with this...We uploaded a video this time yesterday and so far it had gotten 5 views. We've now deleted said video and are re-uploading it with the Property Details filled in to see if it makes any major difference.
24 Hours is probably too short of a time frame to test properly but I thought it's worth a try!

Last edited:
Guna do a little test with this...We uploaded a video this time yesterday and so far it had gotten 5 views. We've now deleted said video and are re-uploading it with the Property Details filled in to see if it makes any major difference.
24 Hours is probably too short of a time frame to test properly but I though it's worth a try!
Let me know! If it wasn't for me working on a side project that I'm being paid for, I would be testing it too. Unfortunately I've had to go back to a 1 a week schedule until this side gig is done.

24 Hours is probably too short of a time frame to test properly but I thought it's worth a try!

Just over 24 hours later and after testing this, it doesn't seem to have made any improvement for us for the first 24 hours of a videos life.
But I know quite a lot about website SEO and if video SEO is the same principle then it may be a while (few days-few weeks) to see any real difference if there is one for filling in these extra details.

Will keep you all updated in a few days!

I wonder if it would be possible to get some good results by uploading the same video on two different channels. One with these tags, and one with just regular youtube tags, to see if there is any difference. Maybe one would show up more in related videos and searches than the other.

I've considered this, but really didn't think much of that helped. I mean, why would meta data on the file help? Does YT Search Crawler really read meta tags on the file itself? Is there official proof on this? I know you said you have videos that have ranked which is totally awesome, but was it because of this or something else?
Can confirm meta data matters. Youtube take so much into consideration to understand what your video is about and who the ideal audience is. There's so much that goes on it's hard to keep up with everything haha.

Can confirm meta data matters. Youtube take so much into consideration to understand what your video is about and who the ideal audience is. There's so much that goes on it's hard to keep up with everything haha.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but is there proof of that somewhere? How do you know this or confirm this.

I noticed that Google Plus photos tracked all sorts of picture metadata (like if flash was used..what camera was used..etc..). I started to become suspicious about the metadata of videos.. Maybe I should stop saving my videos with the default number the camera generated as the title..ha! : P I'm going to try filling out the property details more for my next video! =) Thank you for this post! ^-^

I highly doubt it's gonna help. The "keyword in the file name" is an urban myth too. Keep in mind that metadata only tells YouTube what to rank the video for, not how high. If you put all the necessary information in the title, description and tags, what more could those file properties tell YT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back