• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 1,000 subscribers! Woohoo!!!

I popped the champagne bottle too soon. :oops: I was up to something over 1,300 subscribers and then the very next day, I dropped over 500 subs! And then dropped some more. What?!?!?! I am now at 754 and back to slowly building again. As for what I can figure out happened, one of my videos went very very very slightly viral. It got over 8.5K views and it was during its 24-hour reign on my channel that my sub count skyrocketed. Now even the views are down to 4.2K. Seriously, what happened? As far as I know, I didn't get a shout-out from a more popular channel … nor the opposite the next day. How can you go up so fast and down so fast. Now, yes, I am now far more up than I was before. Before that video, I had less than 200 subs. It happened and things went wild for my little channel. As for why that video did so well, the only thing I can point to is that I won the poker tournament. The only other time I showed me winning a poker tournament in a video on my channel was when I started the channel. That's why I think it did well. People liked seeing a winner and sharing a winning story with others. Buuutttttt why the huge drop in both subs and even more unbelievably views. How can your views drop? How is that even possible? People retro-actively UNsaw the video????? I am totally confused. :confused:

Congrats to over 1000 subs, Jack!
I think those heavy fluctuations in your subscriber and view counts are due to flaws (or correction of those) in YT's algorithms...
I once had my total view count decrease by threehundredsomething... (a video was un-viewed...), my highest subscriber gain was 10 or 12 viewers a day, my highest loss 3 or so.
Losing 500 subscribers would leave me with a negative amount... (antisubscribers like in antimatter?)

Back