• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 1,000 subscribers! Woohoo!!!

nellythebaud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure if my avatar is linked to the new channel. If not, it is "Decker Poker". Anyway...

My new YouTube channel just passed 1,000 subscribers moments ago! :)
Congrats on getting 1,000 subscribers welcome to the 1K club and this is just the beginning.

Reactions: Jack Decker

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your avatar is linked to your channel! Congratulations on your milestone:)

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I popped the champagne bottle too soon. :oops: I was up to something over 1,300 subscribers and then the very next day, I dropped over 500 subs! And then dropped some more. What?!?!?! I am now at 754 and back to slowly building again. As for what I can figure out happened, one of my videos went very very very slightly viral. It got over 8.5K views and it was during its 24-hour reign on my channel that my sub count skyrocketed. Now even the views are down to 4.2K. Seriously, what happened? As far as I know, I didn't get a shout-out from a more popular channel … nor the opposite the next day. How can you go up so fast and down so fast. Now, yes, I am now far more up than I was before. Before that video, I had less than 200 subs. It happened and things went wild for my little channel. As for why that video did so well, the only thing I can point to is that I won the poker tournament. The only other time I showed me winning a poker tournament in a video on my channel was when I started the channel. That's why I think it did well. People liked seeing a winner and sharing a winning story with others. Buuutttttt why the huge drop in both subs and even more unbelievably views. How can your views drop? How is that even possible? People retro-actively UNsaw the video????? I am totally confused. :confused:

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
And now my subs are up again. Currently 1,769. What?! What a roller coaster! Is this normal???

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Congrats to over 1000 subs, Jack!
I think those heavy fluctuations in your subscriber and view counts are due to flaws (or correction of those) in YT's algorithms...
I once had my total view count decrease by threehundredsomething... (a video was un-viewed...), my highest subscriber gain was 10 or 12 viewers a day, my highest loss 3 or so.
Losing 500 subscribers would leave me with a negative amount... (antisubscribers like in antimatter?)