• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 1,000 subscribers! Woohoo!!!

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all congrats! I just want to say that your case is quite interesting and the roller coaster your channel is living is kinda of insane. I had a small viral video with 272K views and gained some subs, I lost some of them but I only lost like 20 which is pretty much nothing.. I never lost views. I can only think of 3 things for your situation...

1. Did you delete and reupload a video? I think that if you delete a video you will also lose the views of your channel, not immediately but in a couple of days. Maybe you tried to make your video more viral by reuploading it thinking it will get more attention
2. You accidentally paid a "company" to get more views or something like that [I received an email of companies like this] or maybe you or someone wants to help you and is using a bot to get views/subs
3. Youtube just doesn't want a channel that shows bets or anything related so they are just removing the views which is also really weird.

YouTube is becoming really strict, even the YPP is a nightmare since they are reviewing EVERY channel

Reactions: Jack Decker

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What you should have wrote was "I just BOUGHT 1000 subscribers"
Proof: Check his social blade.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. Did you delete and reupload a video? I think that if you delete a video you will also lose the views of your channel, not immediately but in a couple of days. Maybe you tried to make your video more viral by reuploading it thinking it will get more attention
No. My editor did do a rough job on one video and had her redo it. #41 if you want to go and see. But I didn't delete that video but simply changed its title to indicate it was an "old rough version" and took it out of the playlist. It was still kept public. Never removed and put back in. Besides, the old version has only 41 views and the new revised one has 49 views.

2. You accidentally paid a "company" to get more views or something like that [I received an email of companies like this] or maybe you or someone wants to help you and is using a bot to get views/subs
I have hired a small-part-time social media manager (she's given public credit in the endcappers since Video #48 after the editor's credit) but I doubt it was her. She worked for me for over a month before this spike in subs and views happened on the video. But for that video (it is one in which I won a tournament and got the spike in views and during its 24-hour reign got a spike in subscribers), I told her about it being in the pipeline and when the editor releases it, I wanted her to promote the H*ll out of it. As the pipeline takes a week for a video to go from being recorded to edited to release, we brainstormed on what she was going to do to promote it. I also hired SEO and SMM help from Fiverr and SEO Clerks to help promote that video. A common sentence some of them used was "This is how you WIN a poker tournament!" Add "Jack Decker" to that and google it. You'll see some of the work my social media manager and the others did. Others used variations of that sentence. Could some of them had also bought more subs and views? Sure, BUT why? I seriously wasn't paying them much. Now all of them did came back later and wanted me to hire them again and many pointed to how my channel grew in subs and views as proof that what they did worked, but, again, I didn't pay them much. What they did do is send me Excel docs that listed all the different social media sites where they promoted the video and the specific links to where they did.

As for a friend or some random stranger helping me, I really doubt it. And if they did, they've never acted strange in any way and/or said anything odd like, "Soooo buddy boy, how do you like all those subs you got lately?" *wink* *wink* Nothing like that.

3. Youtube just doesn't want a channel that shows bets or anything related so they are just removing the views which is also really weird.
Yeah, I read The Atlantic article on how they're going after gambling channels. Those in that article were channels that focused on slot machines and, yes, it isn't a stretch that they'll go after poker channels next. However, the ONLY poker tournaments I play in are play-money ones. You can get play-money chips for free from Poker Stars, which is where I record my videos. [Which, just FYI, I have received written permission from them to do so … which took months to get.] In fact, I've never bought even play-money chips from Poker Stars. But, as YouTube tends to use a firehose when a garden hose is only needed, yes, I could be grouped in with the cash poker channels. However, I think my appeal will win since I only play in play-money poker tournaments. That's it. Every single one of my videos is about a play-money poker tournament and it says so right in the titles, thumbnails, and descriptions.

Also, I'm not yet monetized. I haven't even applied since my watch time is still well under 240,000 minutes in a year. Its current lifetime minutes is currently 206,673 minutes.

YouTube is becoming really strict, even the YPP is a nightmare since they are reviewing EVERY channel
I know. Again, that's why I only do play-money poker tournaments.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I also hired SEO and SMM help from Fiverr and SEO Clerks to help promote that video. A common sentence some of them used was "This is how you WIN a poker tournament!" Add "Jack Decker" to that and google it. You'll see some of the work my social media manager and the others did. Others used variations of that sentence. Could some of them had also bought more subs and views? Sure, BUT why? I seriously wasn't paying them much. Now all of them did came back later and wanted me to hire them again and many pointed to how my channel grew in subs and views as proof that what they did worked
This should be a huge red flag to you. It has been mentioned several times on YTtalk to stay well away from "SEO services" and "SMM services" on fiverr and the like. They are renowned for using bots. - Put it this way, if these "experts" were really experts and were able to generate REAL growth in views and subs, do you really think they'd be pedalling their services for just $5 to random people like yourself on the internet? Why don't they use their amazing skills to grow their own channels to pewdiepie levels and earn millions of dollars every month instead of working for peanuts on fiverr? Answer - because all they're doing is clicking buttons on bots.

I hate to break it to you but your channel has definitely been botted and that surge in subs was most definitely fake subs. That is why the subs have now been removed. I've just checked and your channel is back down to 142 subs. That means Youtube has audited your channel and removed the fake ones.

I suggest you read this - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6051134

Last edited:

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
This should be a huge red flag to you. It has been mentioned several times on YTtalk to stay well away from "SEO services" and "SMM services" on fiverr and the like. They are renowned for using bots. - Put it this way, if these "experts" were really experts and were able to generate REAL growth in views and subs, do you really think they'd be pedalling their services for just $5 to random people like yourself on the internet? Why don't they use their amazing skills to grow their own channels to pewdiepie levels and earn millions of dollars every month instead of working for peanuts on fiverr? Answer - because all they're doing is clicking buttons on bots.

I hate to break it to you but your channel has definitely been botted and that surge in subs was most definitely fake subs. That is why the subs have now been removed. I've just checked and your channel is back down to 142 subs. That means Youtube has audited your channel and removed the fake ones.

I suggest you read this -

That's his old channel, his new channel Decker Poker has and 1767 but everything else you said applies.

Jack, I'm no expert but if you want to monetise your channel... I'm pretty sure YouTube will not allow it because they will not want to make business with fake subscribers and fake views so if that's one of your goals,,,, just be careful. Keep uploading quality content and just stop using SEO fiver "companies" or whatever.

From my experience, I received and email from Talent Discovery... they offered me 1000 free views in a video and then 2USD for 1000 views. It sound really fishy so I decided to ignore them. I don't wanna take that risk specially since I just got 1K and 4K hours... not worth it in my opinion. There's nothing better than interacting with REAL people and growing an audience, that's why comments are important, you can see if a channel has fake comments or not!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@Jack Decker - I play a bit of online poker and my advice to you would be to look into Twitch. Twitch is where all the poker players are streaming and creating content. Poker content is definitely allowed on Twitch and I believe the business model is that you get paid per sub but don't quote me on that. You'd also have to ensure that the stream is delayed by 15 minutes so that there is no risk of your opponents seeing your hole cards in real time.

Ida Skye

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Checked out your social blade.

Your views and subs are not real.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I know many do. I just avoided them. I only went with those that talked about promoting the specific video in question to social media outlets, working on backlinks, and such. All of them promised and all delivered an Excel document that listed everywhere they promoted it with the links to them. I didn't check them all as there were hundreds by each. I just randomly picked ones and all that I picked were done.

142 sub? Wrong channel. Yes, that is the one that my link in the red box below is linked to but that's my old channel. The one in question is "Decker Poker". Do a YouTube search for it. Currently, it has 1,772 subs.[DOUBLEPOST=1531720848,1531720074][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's his old channel, his new channel Decker Poker has and 1767...
Yup, that's the one.

Jack, I'm no expert but if you want to monetise your channel... I'm pretty sure YouTube will not allow it because they will not want to make business with fake subscribers and fake views so if that's one of your goals,,,, just be careful.
Yeah, but even if they were real, I don't think I'd do the same thing again. There's very little carry-over to the other videos. Sure, to the first video but little else … or so it seems. I've been chalking that up to the video in question and the first video being ones that I won a tournament in bbbuuuttt, come on, so little carry-over to any of the others?

Keep uploading quality content and just stop using SEO fiver "companies" or whatever.
That's been the plan. I just wanted to give a big social media push to that tournament win video.

I am thinking of keeping the Social Media Manager but not hire anyone to occasionally help her as I did. Everything she says sounds reasonable and requires work. Her main focus has been on ranking the videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1531721078][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Jack Decker - I play a bit of online poker and my advice to you would be to look into Twitch. Twitch is where all the poker players are streaming and creating content. Poker content is definitely allowed on Twitch and I believe the business model is that you get paid per sub but don't quote me on that. You'd also have to ensure that the stream is delayed by 15 minutes so that there is no risk of your opponents seeing your hole cards in real time.
I've looked into Twitch. It just seems like punching a clock and, oh my god, so boring. I've tried watching the Twitch poker players and nod off when I do. With my videos, I have my editor fast-forward through the hands I fold (unless I'm talking) and play fast-paced music then. The only time I'm in real time is when I'm playing in a hand (or talking to the camera).

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey! Congrats! That’s awesome! That is my goal to hit 1,000 subs. I don’t care what happens from there I just want to hit that number! That’s amazing that you did it congratulations man. That’s fantastic. Here’s to another 1,000 more!! Also just reading the comments and you’re almost at 2,000 now! That’s amazing my dude congratulations again that’s absolutely amazing!