Just getting started. Don't really want to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the thing. I've made about 8 videos so far and I feel like I've made a load of mistakes and learned a lot in the process and each video has generally been better than the last. Obviously this is a good thing, but it leaves me with the issue of not wanting to upload anything. The last 7 videos are pretty sub-par and I know that my latest one will look sub-par by the time I make my next one. I don't want to put trash up on YT, but there also has to be a point where I start uploading.

Any thoughts? Should I just keep making videos and keeping them to myself until I actually get good at this?

Someone will probably like your videos so just upload them... good luck :D

I feel you on this, but one of the most endearing things people find about their favourite YouTubers is seeing how far they've come in a short space of time. Showing them how much you've improved will allow them to see that you're only going to get even better from here. If anything, that's motivation enough for a lot of people to subscribe!

So here's the thing. I've made about 8 videos so far and I feel like I've made a load of mistakes and learned a lot in the process and each video has generally been better than the last. Obviously this is a good thing, but it leaves me with the issue of not wanting to upload anything. The last 7 videos are pretty sub-par and I know that my latest one will look sub-par by the time I make my next one. I don't want to put trash up on YT, but there also has to be a point where I start uploading.

Any thoughts? Should I just keep making videos and keeping them to myself until I actually get good at this?

A successful YouTube channel isn’t going to happen overnight. A lot of work and time has to be put in if you want to get noticed and this takes patience. Of course the more you make the better they are. But, if you wait until your videos will be good enough to your eyes, you will never publish any. Every single time I watch one of mine I see many flaws. At times I feel imbarassed as well. Especially if I think that many people are watching them. So I try to remind myself the reason I do them... I am not perfect and so my videos. As long as you enjoy what you do... be proud of your work and what you learn every single time. Put them on youtube, get some feed back ... maybe you will realise you are just being too hard on yourself. Good Luck

A successful YouTube channel isn’t going to happen overnight. A lot of work and time has to be put in if you want to get noticed and this takes patience. Of course the more you make the better they are. But, if you wait until your videos will be good enough to your eyes, you will never publish any. Every single time I watch one of mine I see many flaws. At times I feel imbarassed as well. Especially if I think that many people are watching them. So I try to remind myself the reason I do them... I am not perfect and so my videos. As long as you enjoy what you do... be proud of your work and what you learn every single time. Put them on youtube, get some feed back ... maybe you will realise you are just being too hard on yourself. Good Luck

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is from 2016. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 1 month old is recommended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back