Just getting started. Don't really want to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenelly

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Everyone improves as they go, there's very few channels on YT that were amazing quality from the first video, certainly very few without budgets and production teams anyway. The viewers will enjoy watching you grow.
any ideas where to promote videos tho?
like i use facebook groups/google + facebook twitter instagram and tumblr
what else should i use i feel thats not enough as no traffic is generating hmmm

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Veg Club

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
any ideas where to promote videos tho?
like i use facebook groups/google + facebook twitter instagram and tumblr
what else should i use i feel thats not enough as no traffic is generating hmmm
You just have to keep with it, unless one of your videos are going to go viral. It's going to take it's time. Keep learning, improving and posting and the audience will come.
I'm only small myself and not been going long, but I have no doubt my channel, video quality and knowledge will grow.

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So here's the thing. I've made about 8 videos so far and I feel like I've made a load of mistakes and learned a lot in the process and each video has generally been better than the last. Obviously this is a good thing, but it leaves me with the issue of not wanting to upload anything. The last 7 videos are pretty sub-par and I know that my latest one will look sub-par by the time I make my next one. I don't want to put trash up on YT, but there also has to be a point where I start uploading.

Any thoughts? Should I just keep making videos and keeping them to myself until I actually get good at this?
You sound like a perfectionist and I can understand that you want to upload the best that you can, but keeping yourself from putting yourself out there will eventually delay your success in the long run of things. Personally I don't mind seeing starter up video's and actually enjoy it when I see a famous Youtube's video to be crappy because I can relate.

Try to make every video the best you can but also share them because every video has it's own worth!

BigHead

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mate everyone does honestly improve every single video i have done 141 videos and god i have improved soooooo much!

CraftersMagicYT

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't want to upload? If you don't want to do you never have to. But don't be afraid, haters come and go. But you will find true viewers who love to watch. :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Here is my favorite quote by Ira Glass, who hosts This American Life on NPR. I keep it in mind when what I've made isn't what I want:

“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.”

KorrensEmber

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
keep going man i dont care how great your content theres ALWAYS room for improvement I know many channels that started with amazing videos and theyve even improved their content progress is inevitable.

grogvlog

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the encouraging words all. I'll upload tonight (after Game of Thrones of course...)

Here is my favorite quote by Ira Glass, who hosts This American Life on NPR. I keep it in mind when what I've made isn't what I want:
This is an awesome quote. It's not that I'm really bad at making videos, it's just that I have excellent taste :p Thanks for this. I'll keep it on file for when I'm being hard on myself.

Reactions: xingcat
Status
Not open for further replies.