Is Vid.me even a good idea?

What YT alternative you plan to use in case youtube sinks?

• Vimeo

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Vid.me

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Super random obscure website noone but me knows!! haha!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
a couple of false articles
because of silly accusations like 'Pewdiepie being a nazi'

I love it when people complain about things being false and then post falsities themselves.
All this continues to demonstrate is how few people read the actual articles in question.

Last edited:
I don't think either of those are viable options. A lot of the news Tubers who cover controversial stuff played this off to panic a lot of people who aren't impacted hoping it would make YouTube go easier on them. I know their situation sucks but they exaggerated it to seem like nobody was getting paid anything I felt like and it's more certain types of channels than everybody. There are no video focused sites overtaking YouTube right now and any creator who can still get enough ads placed is staying where the viewers are and that's on YouTube.

In fact my revenue per thousand views for March and April has been better than any month ever for me besides this past December. I'm at over ~$1.25 per thousand views so far this month. So I'm not going anywhere for the moment and like OP said the trending vids on Vid.me have like a couple thousand views or even under a thousand.... they are nowhere close to the same ballpark as YouTube.

I know their situation sucks but they exaggerated it to seem like nobody was getting paid anything
Do you believe H3H3 when he stated he made only a few hundred dollars from a 2 million view video? Do you notice how many big Youtubers are suddenly streaming/streaming more often in the wake of this ad issue? A lot of them. They are doing this to try to offset some of the vast revenue they are losing. I'm not saying that the advertisers won't come back or that Youtube won't bounce back, I'm just saying that the problem is real.

Incidentally, Facebook is the site that I would expect to give Youtube competition over the next ten years. They have the means, the built in viewer-base, and Zuckerberg is a smart guy. They have a lot of work to do in turning their current platform into something that is more user friendly, and able to be monetized by the masses, but it will happen eventually. Then things will get interesting.

Back