Is Vid.me even a good idea?

What YT alternative you plan to use in case youtube sinks?

• Vimeo

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Vid.me

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Super random obscure website noone but me knows!! haha!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
And as a side note, i love how old media is not held accountable for their constant lies.
Most "new media" has even less oversight and fact checking, and there also weren't any lies from the WSJ (which by the way, I find a rag, but not for any reasons people have been hating on it here recently).

This isn't my phrasing, but I find it apt:
"YouTubers are the big stars now.....hey how come the MSM is writing about us when we f*** up?"

YouTube "stars" went so long without external entities caring about them or reporting on them, that they forgot the limelight isn't exactly all sunshine lollipops and rainbows. They ended up living in a bubble that's about to burst.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
YouTube "stars" went so long without external entities caring about them or reporting on them, that they forgot the limelight isn't exactly all sunshine lollipops and rainbows. They ended up living in a bubble that's about to burst.
Well according to all metrics it`s the old media bubble that is likely to burst sooner

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well according to all metrics it`s the old media bubble that is likely to burst sooner
I don't think old media is in a bubble. It's had a gradual decay for ages now - it knows it's dying and nearly dead. The transformation is already in-progress. That's why online streaming is a platform that most companies are moving toward more and more.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
vidme won't kill youtube, i did a test for 2 months and the results are clear. youtube give me more views if i had worked hard putting them on social media, vidme barely got me views. oh that's not the worst part, they have a 30min video limit which means every video needs to be under 30mins. hashtags don't work on vidme, just like tags don't do anything in youtube. no streaming. that new video section everyone raving about is gone, you have to click a button to see new videos. We are all putting our videos on youtube then to vidme, which doesn't help vidme. little comment control. lastly, you need more than 1000 subscribers to be considered verified which is way worst than youtube 100 sub requirement.

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most "new media" has even less oversight and fact checking, and there also weren't any lies from the WSJ (which by the way, I find a rag, but not for any reasons people have been hating on it here recently).

This isn't my phrasing, but I find it apt:
"YouTubers are the big stars now.....hey how come the MSM is writing about us when we f*** up?"

Good argument indeed. "stars" did go unchecked and that i can't disagree with.

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i think its certainly a good idea to have a backup plan remember once a upon a time youtube was nothing its certinally possible another video platform could take over is YT royally fucks up

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've tried vid.me, but it doesn't seem like it'll ever compare to Youtube

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree. I think YouTube will bounce back after sometime. YouTube has grown so much and a lot of people are on it. In terms of population, vid.me is nowhere close to YouTube right now but it might grow in the future. I just like having to post my stuff on both YouTube and Vid.me. Vid.me is small enough to find some awesome gems which are hidden on Yt. I personally love the gaming community so I stick around with it

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i love how old media is not held accountable for their constant lies.
H3H3 Tried to hold WSJ accountable but he really screwed up because of his own negligent reporting. Has anyone held Ethan accountable?

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This entire event, in my opinion is going to blow over with YouTube coming back out on top because the wall street journal are just stirring the wrong side of the sauce lately by taking advantage of the side of the populace who do no fully understand YouTube. You have thousands of human beings who work daily on this and work hard at it too. It isn't going to be stopped by a couple of false articles and even though you have investors backing away because of silly accusations like 'Pewdiepie being a nazi' I just think they will still see that you have all these serious content creators who are still working on this site and who have such a huge fanbase. Why wouldn't they?It is wasted potential in money for them?

Point is I just think YouTube is going to bounce back from this anyway, why wouldn't they. They are the biggest video platform in the world and more then likely always will be.