Is Vid.me even a good idea?

What YT alternative you plan to use in case youtube sinks?

• Vimeo

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Vid.me

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Super random obscure website noone but me knows!! haha!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
So since the add boycott everyone is looking at options outside of youtube. I myself starting just poking around to see what is the difference and i ended up in vid.me. Right away i could tell that the traffic in that website seems minor as the popular selected videos only have like 2k videos maby 3k. Its posting on vid.me any good? Money wise makes no sense as in order to maintain a community money is needed and i dont see how can you remotely make this a possible income option.
What are you're thoughts on this matter guys/gals?

We aren't talking about the boycott itself, just your opinion in possible youtube alternative websites and how efficient they are are making you money in the long run.

As of right now, I don't think vid.me will pose much of a risk to YouTube. The YouTube brand is just way too strong to be challenged by a relatively unknown brand, regardless of the fact that YouTube has been taking a hit recently. Ultimately, I would bet that YouTube will bounce back from this and push themselves even more ahead than any other video platform. The only brands that can really challenge YouTube is Facebook, Amazon, and maybe Twitter. Even then, I don't see it happening.

I dont think "everyone is looking at options outside of youtube"..
In 6 months nobody will even remember 'the boycott that wasnt' .. Youtube isnt going anywhere and the few advertisers that left will be back, or replaced by others.

I dont think "everyone is looking at options outside of youtube"..
In 6 months nobody will even remember 'the boycott that wasnt' .. Youtube isnt going anywhere and the few advertisers that left will be back, or replaced by others.

And YouTube reigns champion after all the beatings it took. There's nothing closer to home than YT.

I love youtube, so I won't be going anywhere. They have enabled me to connect with a bunch of awesome people and I still find it hard to believe that people actively want to watch my videos. I can tell you now that big brands won't give up on such prime advertising space just because the WSJ thought they were being clever. These big brands are just covering themselves until they feel confident enough to return. Summer is almost here and if company A decides not to come back then company B will do, and company A will kick themselves for not using one the most effective and engaging advertising platforms this century has seen.

I'm not worried about this so called boycott at all. I do feel bad for creators like filthy frank and h3h3 though. They have it really tough at the moment. Ethan has even said in his latest video that they don't know how long they can continue. Youtube can surprise us all though, I mean who knows what they are working on in the background.

when I start doing actual videos, I will be uploading to both vid.me and YT, that was my plan even before the ad boycott, as I believe uploading on multiple platforms can help you get more audience

I've posted some stuff on Vid.me. It has potential, but a loooong ways to go. :eek: It reminds me a lot of YouTube 2007 (minus the ability to list people as friends and have on-going channel discussions), but who knows what might happen to it in 10 years! It could become big, but I think it's still in a cocoon stage for right now.

I love youtube, so I won't be going anywhere. They have enabled me to connect with a bunch of awesome people and I still find it hard to believe that people actively want to watch my videos. I can tell you now that big brands won't give up on such prime advertising space just because the WSJ thought they were being clever. These big brands are just covering themselves until they feel confident enough to return. Summer is almost here and if company A decides not to come back then company B will do, and company A will kick themselves for not using one the most effective and engaging advertising platforms this century has seen.

I'm not worried about this so called boycott at all. I do feel bad for creators like filthy frank and h3h3 though. They have it really tough at the moment. Ethan has even said in his latest video that they don't know how long they can continue. Youtube can surprise us all though, I mean who knows what they are working on in the background.

I agree that the youtube boat is not really gonna sink anytime soon, if i might have missled in saying that because of the imminent destruction of youtube i am looking for options, and of course this is by far the case. I know youtube will be the peoples champ for the longest time ever... i mean seriously is google in the end.I will say that i think WE ALL learned a valuable lesson with this boycott and is not to put all your eggs in one basket, so when s**t hits the fan like it just did you dont feel the sting as much.

I did tried looking at vid.me but the interface is really bad and confusing.Up votes or likes or w/e they use makes little sense and their trending page is hand pciked by the staff wish is GREAT! until you see that the top pick vids are s**t like " go ahead and fap to me"

I hope youtube recovers sooner than later as many of its popular creators are suffering because of the WSJ.And as a side note, i love how old media is not held accountable for their constant lies.

As soon as the "scandal" will be forgotten and those big brands realize how much money they are leaving on the table (it`s a known fact that unlike traditional media advertisement, you can track online ads efficacy making the best out of your investment), they`ll be back throwing money at Youtube no matter on which content their brand will show up.

Edit: autocorret horrid mistake

Last edited:
Back