Is social media that important?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No it is not crucial but it is a nice thing to have. I dont use it much (I have twitter but I barely use it) I found that my videos do well on Reddit though but I had other people to share it for me. I basicly dont have the time to focus on other social media than YouTube cause my videos takes a long time to make.

Reactions: Phiul
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In all honesty, I believe it is. I don’t think I would be where I am today without my social media accounts. Instagram in particular made growing much easier. Twitter has as well but no where near as much. It’s up to you but I think it’s important to advertise your videos as much as possible especially with all the competition. I also find posting to social media increases engagement (likes and comments) in comparison to not posting to social media.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have Instagram, I followed a bunch of people within my niche and got 8 followers...

Reaction score
Thank you all.

I'll make an effort to be on social media then. I've created account with my channel name in both Twitter and Instagram. So now how should I proceed? Post youtube video link on Twitter and photos of "I have no idea what" on Instagram? I think I'll need a social media manager lol
Just find people talking about your thing on twitter, and join a conversation and try to be friendly. Usually, people check out your profile and click all links you have there.

Its harder with Instagram, honestly I gave up on this platform, it's not working at all in my niche.

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my instagram page has helped, but I have over 100 followers on instagram yet only 20 subscribers on youtube. You do the math

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Social media is the best way to promote your content in my opinion. Even for making contacts with other creators and networking. It offers a lot of value in terms of helping channel growth

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally feel like having different social media platforms is part of being a YouTuber, most YouTubers do use multiple platforms not to just promote their videos but to communicate with their viewers.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I can sympathize with the OP about other social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. I was never into it but I do think it is important to grow a channel. A lot of good info in this thread that really gives me some action items for the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evnanonymous

Reaction score
crucial is a strong word

id say its important, and depends on the type of content youre uploading

if its in an oversaturated market, i think social media can breathe some life into your channel and possibly revive it

if youre in a more niche market, or youre catering to a newly developed market, i dont think its necessary

but when it comes down to it: if your seo is good, you got an awesome channel with awesome content, and a competitor emerges, and hes using social media to reach out to more people - why wouldnt you do it too?

either way, youre letting go of an advantage that will probably benefit your channel greatly, or have a small, but positive impact