Is social media that important?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
[QUOTE="Phiul, post: 2297623, member: 89433" I'm not a social media guy: I don't have Twitter or Instagram, and I just have Facebook to talk to my friends there. [/QUOTE]

eh same kind of person here.
to save you some time from checking, this way I only got 18 subscribers.
Not really bothered on this fact. But: guess that promoting in social media seems to be crucial...

:)

Reactions: Phiul

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, it matters. If you want to grow, you will need other social media platforms. They are important not only for promoting yourself, but also for connecting with your audience on a more casual everyday level outside of your videos. :)

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thank you all.

But between Instagram and Twitter, I believe that the second one is more important?

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you all.

But between Instagram and Twitter, I believe that the second one is more important?
That is really up to you. More people follow people they don't know on twitter, but Instagram has a larger audience size and higher engagement rate. They both also have somewhat different demographics, so you would want to consider which one is the best fit for your channel (or just do both). But they key is to focus on your strengths, and what platforms you actually like (or in your case as someone who's not as into social media, perhaps platforms you don't dislike).

Kelly_dexter

Reaction score
Hi all,

What's your thoughts on this? Is social media crucial for growth? I'm not a social media guy: I don't have Twitter or Instagram, and I just have Facebook to talk to my friends there.

Thanks.
yes social media is important, with new videos being uploaded every 2 seconds by huge channels your video might get lost with facebook, twitter you can get it out there

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

What's your thoughts on this? Is social media crucial for growth? I'm not a social media guy: I don't have Twitter or Instagram, and I just have Facebook to talk to my friends there.

Thanks.
That depends on your context!!!! if you are not into any business, then i quess you dont need to worry about social media. but, if you got an operational business with your target audience online ....then, you shouldn't be asking this question....

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Not really into business, just want people to see my videos. So yes, I understand that it is also important to have it.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not really into business, just want people to see my videos. So yes, I understand that it is also important to have it.
Doesn't matter if it's business. If you want eyeballs on your content, then you go out there and bring the content to them. Not much else to say really. Capitalize on the things readily available to you.