Is reddit a good place to promote videos?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that everyone on reddit is a self-centred *******, but there is a kind of hive-mind that gets created when you have a whole bunch of almost completely anonymous people sharing content and offering opinions. And the reddit hive-mind HATES self promotion. However, posting it on one of the smaller reddits might be preferable because the people are there for a more specific reason and share a more specific interest with you.

I don't know, I haven't really used it with any great success, but I have recieved a better response when I posted in smaller reddits.

Agreed on all points, my friend.

I posted probably almost 50 articles that I felt were extremely valuable from another blog of mine in a past life. One caught on, got a bunch of upvotes, and sent thousands of visitors to my blog in a single day. The rest got downvoted away (or ignored). As I said above, whatever gets posted on Reddit must not have a hint of self-promotion to it, and yes, it must offer exceptional value. And generally I did find more success in the smaller Reddit categories.

Redditors can be mean though. I once posted a picture of my very cute puppy in the "Aww" category (or whatever it's actually called) and it got downvotes. Made me sad. :-(

reddit it is the worst. I actully had one of my videos get over 200 upvotes in a matter of a couple hours. I log back in the next day and i have 4 upvotes. Was downvoted for no damn reason

reddit it is the worst. I actully had one of my videos get over 200 upvotes in a matter of a couple hours. I log back in the next day and i have 4 upvotes. Was downvoted for no damn reason
Reddit is EVIL. I got put in cringe... and uhhhh.... yeeah... they devoured me like *tries to think of a SakuraPaws type thing to say* wild pack of... uhh... dang I don't listen to her animal talk enough... sorry sweety LOL

I'eve never used it. Anyone got experience?

Used it on a few videos I have, definitely generated SOME traffic like 20-30 views. and i've gotten like 1-2 subs off it, no trolls so far like everyone says. The only bad thing I've gotten is maybe a negative karma or two on a video.

Back