Is promoting your videos with Google Adwords worth it?

Social media links, google searches, Youtube search, suggested videos etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1513028652,1513028519][/DOUBLEPOST]

USA (58% of my audience)
Australia
Canada
UK.

I've now added the above countries to the targeted countries list. Let's see if the stats improve. But I do expect the cost per click to far exceed 4 cents from these countries.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but since I am getting garbage clicks from India, I've removed India from the list of targeted countries. The garbage clicks should theoretically drop drastically.

What I've noticed is that there is a BIG inconsistency between the adwords stats and YT analytics. For example, adwords would show there were 100 clicks, which means my video has be seen 100 times, but the YT analytics show only 15 views. Maybe the YT algorithm has dismissed the extra views as bots or something, I don't know.

EDIT: Now getting garbage clicks from the Philippines...more clickfarms.
Stay away from the Asian countries & try focus more on USA, Australia, Canada & Europe that is better quality targeting & yes the cost per click will go up as a result of it, unfortunately :( but lets see how it goes I believe there are better chances to get better results when targeting the countries which you already know works for you :thumbsup2:

An AdWords campaign doesn't become a success overnight, you need to experiment with different SEO strategies to see what works best for you but I do believe it should be possible to get a good campaign already in the first month.

Hi

I recently started a new channel & I have used every single strategy I know of to drive traffic to my channel but I only get about 100-200 views per video sometimes less than that + I get 1 sub for about every 240 views.

I have seen other YouTubers promoting their channels with AdWords who had success with it.
I have never tried it before so just wanted to hear if anybody else has had experience with it?

If I were supposed to do it, it would only be temporary to get through especially the first 100 subs but I am not sure how much you will get out of it or if its just waste of money.
You will loose a lot of money

If anyone is considering using Adwords, don't use Adwords Express, use Adwords.

Adwords express is a dumbed down version of Adwords, with very little control. I initially used it, but have now switched to Adwords for better targetting and more options that have significantly reduced fake clicks from clickfarms.

If anyone is considering using Adwords, don't use Adwords Express, use Adwords.

Adwords express is a dumbed down version of Adwords, with very little control. I initially used it, but have now switched to Adwords for better targetting and more options that have significantly reduced fake clicks from clickfarms.
Great to hear thank you for letting us know what has your experience been so far in terms of growth?
Are we still at the conclusion that it is not worth using as a startup or has it changed?

Great to hear thank you for letting us know what has your experience been so far in terms of growth?
Are we still at the conclusion that it is not worth using as a startup or has it changed?

I only switched to Adwords yesterday, targetting only about 10 English speaking countries, so my ad was only viewed 2 times, and nobody clicked on the ad. Also, I selected the option for my ad to display only within Google search results when people use specific search phrases in Google. I removed the option for the my ad to display on websites - this is the source of the fake clicks from clickfarms, and Adwords Express does not have an option to NOT show the ad on millions of websites. Removing my ad from millions of websites significantly reduced the number of views of my ad.

About an hour ago, I selected the option to target all countries and territories (but still not show on websites), so hopefully there will be significantly more views and genuine clicks (even from clickfarm countries like India), because people are actually typing search queries into the Google search box, instead of just automatically seeing the ad on a website.

I will let the ad run for a week and if there are any significant views or subscribers to my channel, I will give an update.

I only switched to Adwords yesterday, targetting only about 10 English speaking countries, so my ad was only viewed 2 times, and nobody clicked on the ad. Also, I selected the option for my ad to display only within Google search results when people use specific search phrases in Google. I removed the option for the my ad to display on websites - this is the source of the fake clicks from clickfarms, and Adwords Express does not have an option to NOT show the ad on millions of websites. Removing my ad from millions of websites significantly reduced the number of views of my ad.

About an hour ago, I selected the option to target all countries and territories (but still not show on websites), so hopefully there will be significantly more views and genuine clicks (even from clickfarm countries like India), because people are actually typing search queries into the Google search box, instead of just automatically seeing the ad on a website.

I will let the ad run for a week and if there are any significant views or subscribers to my channel, I will give an update.
Hi there,

how has it been going so far, have you had any positive experience with the ad?

I have used Adwords twice now and both times I would say that it wasn't worth it at all. The first time I didn't get too many clicks on the ad to watch a video of mine and it might have to do with how I set it up. In the end it cost $20 and it got me 2 subs and a few views. Not bad but not good either.

The second time I followed a helpful guide and set it up much better and more targeted for a board game show. I didn't set the limit right so it ended up costing $40 and it got a whole lot of views, the most of anything on my channel with about 1000 views coming from that ad (but the numbers didn't quite add up to the number YouTube showed but whatever) but the retention time for the video was very low at 1:30. I didn't get any subs out of it and only a very small amount of feedback with likes and comments from people not already familiar with my content.

Overall it cost quite a bit of money for barely any result. As this system works on clicks I was being charged for people that stayed for like 30sec and clicked away resulting in a waste of time and money.
Perhaps it's just me and my content or perhaps it was the way I set it up or maybe it's the system itself. Whatever it may be I don't recommend it, especially not early in your YouTube life.

Back