Is promoting your videos with Google Adwords worth it?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

I recently started a new channel & I have used every single strategy I know of to drive traffic to my channel but I only get about 100-200 views per video sometimes less than that + I get 1 sub for about every 240 views.

I have seen other YouTubers promoting their channels with AdWords who had success with it.
I have never tried it before so just wanted to hear if anybody else has had experience with it?

If I were supposed to do it, it would only be temporary to get through especially the first 100 subs but I am not sure how much you will get out of it or if its just waste of money.

Reactions: LIVEst

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Good question. I'm also interested in this promotion strategy. Please reply who already experience with adwords for youtube videos.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Nope, not really. You /might/ have luck if you make a really really good channel trailer and set that as an ad, but it costs ££ and you'll likely get nowhere with it.

Reactions: JEgginator9000

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, not really. You /might/ have luck if you make a really really good channel trailer and set that as an ad, but it costs ££ and you'll likely get nowhere with it.
Yes, that's the same fear I had to begin with, thanks for the advice.

Anyone else?

Poorna

Reaction score
Would like to know more about this strategy as well

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
About a month ago, I used adwords to promote my online forum. It was not worth it. Also quite expensive for some clicks, which I am guessing came from the USA. I'd read that people using adwords were paying $0.03 or even less for clicks, while some of my clicks cost me $0.90. And the people visiting my forum were using search terms that I was not happy with (not inappropriate at all, just search terms that really had nothing to do with my forum). So I stopped using adwords to promote my forum.

In a few minutes, I will start adwords to promote my YT channel. I'll set my price at $100/month, but will not advertise to the US, Australia, UK etc, because I think that those countries cost the most to advertise to.

I'll let you know how my stats change with Adwords. As of now, I've got about 750 views after 7 weeks, without using Adwords. Hopefully adwords can accelerate that significantly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that using adwords to promote a forum is most probably much more difficult than to promote a website selling a particular type or brand of goods that the adwords can specifically target.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
About a month ago, I used adwords to promote my online forum. It was not worth it. Also quite expensive for some clicks, which I am guessing came from the USA. I'd read that people using adwords were paying $0.03 or even less for clicks, while some of my clicks cost me $0.90. And the people visiting my forum were using search terms that I was not happy with (not inappropriate at all, just search terms that really had nothing to do with my forum). So I stopped using adwords to promote my forum.

In a few minutes, I will start adwords to promote my YT channel. I'll set my price at $100/month, but will not advertise to the US, Australia, UK etc, because I think that those countries cost the most to advertise to.

I'll let you know how my stats change with Adwords. As of now, I've got about 750 views after 7 weeks. Hopefully adwords can accelerate that significantly.
Hi

Thank you very much for sharing that information & YES I would definitely be very happy if you would take the time to find this post again and provide some feedback on how it went for your channel how much did you spend on those 750 views? Did you even get any subs?

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi

Thank you very much for sharing that information & YES I would definitely be very happy if you would take the time to find this post again and provide some feedback on how it went for your channel how much did you spend on those 750 views? Did you even get any subs?
I didn't use Adwords to attract the 750 views, and I've had 0 subscribers so far (other than 8 sub4sub, which I've stopped doing). The 750 views were all natural. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512512495,1512512397][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1512513315][/DOUBLEPOST]So I just targeted the countries that YT Analytics shows as my top 20, minus USA, Australia, Canada and UK.

Attachments

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't use Adwords to attract the 750 views, and I've had 0 subscribers so far (other than 8 sub4sub, which I've stopped doing). The 750 views were all natural. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512512495,1512512397][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay great & yes I won't recommend doing sub4sub either I did that myself with an old channel wasn't worth it at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1512513450][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't use Adwords to attract the 750 views, and I've had 0 subscribers so far (other than 8 sub4sub, which I've stopped doing). The 750 views were all natural. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512512495,1512512397][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1512513315][/DOUBLEPOST]So I just targeted the countries that YT Analytics shows as my top 20, minus USA, Australia, Canada and UK.
Okay I am excited to see how it goes :)

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've set it so that when people click my ad, they land on my channel home page. I don't know if I should set the landing page as the videos or playlist page. I wonder which page visitors would find most useful or least confusing? Not sure if I should set the landing page to be a playlist either. :/ I have about 25 playlists.

These are the countries that my ad is targeting, mostly the countries in in Asia and Europe with the largest populations. Will probably add 20 more countries, based on wealth.

Attachments