Is it worth getting an intro?

Should I get an intro?

• Total voters
Personally, I don't think an intro is very useful. I say get to the point because you have about 15-20 seconds to draw your audience in and make them decide whether or not you are worth anymore time.

Everyone has an intro and it's nothing that people haven't seen already. I would say get an intro if its completely original and fresh, otherwise, focus on content!

Hello,

I have recently restarted my YouTube channel, I got a banner and logo made but I'm not sure whether to get an intro. The thing is I haven't really got the money to pay for one and I don't want it to look tacky so is it worth it?
dont get a tacky one but if you do get an intro make sure it highlights your channel in a eyye catching kinda of way and make it short, you shoudlnt let it go on longer than 7 seconds

I would say for a gaming channel like yours, yes get a intro IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE OR AFFORD IT. Don't get anything extremely fancy! I recommend just something simple and if your channel does get bigger, and you get partnered, then you can get money to pay for a better one.

I've got a 10second-ish intro on my video's, but I am teaching myself 3D animation so I can make one in Cinema 4D myself. Mainly so it looks better and is quicker for me to edit in.

For let's players, NO. But for people like me, it's more of an option. I use a 4 second intro that is very quick and has a cool beat! But it's my preference for certain videos. It's all up to you!

I don't know if what I do is "lets playing" or not. I just plays game for 10-15mins give some opinions on it, take a bit of rubbish and then end the episode. I have an intro and an outro, intro is just the series name and the game I'm playing outro is just some music saying thanks.

Only have an intro if it's very brief or very awesome. A bad intro is the worst thing you could do to your video, worse than no intro.

Intro's aren't necessary. Personally, I don't like them that much. There are exceptions though, such as the one KuleDud3 has for his, a short 1 second intro of his name. Otherwise, I don't find intro's necessary.

Personally, I like series specific intros, not channel intros. As in, a fun intro to quickly let people know what the show itself is about, not the channel. (Game Theory, Game Grumps, Game Exchange ect.)

Back