Is it worth getting an intro?

Should I get an intro?

• Total voters

HisNHerLP

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We had a intro for our first few videos, but I dropped it quite quick, I didnt like it, and as we are such a small channel, people dont care about that, they are watching your video once, and may never return, so I show them faces pretty much straight away,

I may go back to intros at a later date, but I dont think they are needed.

Outro yes, just a GFX with the video playing inside, bit of music, thats it really

PartAndroid

Bad Jokes... Really...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Its something I'm considering. I think specific areas of my channel could benefit from one, but the website I've trawled with people offering intros for a small amount, aren't exactly grabbing me at the moment.

Cozi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes intros are really cool they make you excited for the coming video, or they can an annoying long delay to the content you want to see, it really depends on how you do the intro, lately ive been seeing alot of template intros on multiple small channels ive seen or watched..they get pretty annoying

IndieMaster Karavin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I reckon you only have to have a intro phrase that is recognizable like "Hey everybody, IndieMaster here!" or "What's going on guys, today we are back with another episode... ble.. ble... ble".
I think intro is not a necessity :)

The Legendary Tree

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best way to get a good intro is to download the trial version to Adobe After Effects and then look up an intro on YouTube that has the file that you can edit so you can edit in your channel name and then you're done!

Del Boy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey,

I personally think having an intro is a good idea, unless you have a massive subscriber base then it doesn't matter because the audience already know who you are and what your channel is, however if you have a flashy intro at the start of your videos your logo and channel name sticks in there heads before the awesome video even starts.

So that is my advice, whilst you are still a small channel then yeah use an intro to grow your name, but when you get loads of subscribers then there is maybe no need because your name is already spread around.

Hope my advice helped :)

DFBGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a very basic intro which i downloaded a wallpaper and added text in Movie Maker A good start I guess.

Soopy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I like the idea of quick intro's. As others have said, its a form of branding but it also gives people a quick chance to sit back and set their volume if need be. My intro's are just made in movie studio platinum with an animated background in the video line, some royalty free music and some animated text showing the name of the series and the game I am playing. They last about 7 seconds and fade into the episode.
It's not terribly complicated to do (Ha! I did it, so it can't possibly be). Well worth the effort in my opinion.

SweetGenius021

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I make puppet shows (don't judge till ya watch,) reviews, and let's plays; an intro makes your videos look much more professional. You don't have to, but it kind of gives the impression of a "professional video." If you don't want to do an intro, and outro is just as good. Or do both...if you really want to. Just make sure your intro isn't too much and that it isn't too long...that's how I think intros should be, but just take my advice as a grain of sand; do what appeals to you and what you think is right. Its your channel after all :)