Is Anyone Afraid of Being A Youtube Success?

Oh your subbies don't know who you are? Wow. Why did you come up with that plan? I started when no one cared or watched and I didn't think to hide my identity because no one was watching! I was making videos for myself for YEARS!
Because I like my privacy.

OMG! Where did you read about this? I have to look it up!
I can't find any English articles about it but if you look up "Enzo Knol meeting Jaarbeurs" you'll find plenty of Dutch articles that I think can be read with Google translate and there are videos too.

I'm not really afraid of it really just because there is an extremely low chance of becoming a successful gaming Youtuber these days because most people just watch the big guys. All us smaller channels kind of get steady and slow growth but I'm not quite sure of being a huge success.

I can't find any English articles about it but if you look up "Enzo Knol meeting Jaarbeurs" you'll find plenty of Dutch articles that I think can be read with Google translate and there are videos too.

DAYUM! I just watched the video! That's crazy!!!!! I don't think I could handle that.

I have been a Youtuber since 2007 and recently I have been getting about 5 subs a day. That's quite a lot and a few time I have been recognized on the street. The other day I got an email from a subscriber detailing how she always thinks of me and considers me to be her BFF even though we haven't met.

I really want the money that comes with being a superstar Youtuber but I don't know about the fame and recognition part. It kind of scares me that people I don't know desire to be close to me emotionally. I am open on my Youtube channel but in real life I am an extreme introvert, I never want to be noticed, don't like meeting new people, etc.

I love making my videos but I'm kind of scared to get more subscribers and fans. Right now I host a MeetUp group for my subscribers and it always feels weird that I meet people who know all about me and I don't even know their names or that they exist. Does anyone feel this way. It's kind of scary. I don't want to disappoint people who say they love me but I also don't want to compromise who I am- which is an introvert, happy to be alone.

I totally get where you're coming from! I tend to avoid strangers in public. I only just over 350 subscribers, but I have been recognised by some people a local meet-ups, which was fine as I was there to meet people anyway. I'm more terrified of being mobbed by people! I however realise what I am getting myself into, possibly.

Although I can't imagine (yet) what you're going through, I do know that it will pass, you'll get a little more used to people coming and saying hi to you and whilst you may not like it so much, they do and just think of it as making their day :) If anyone starts being creepy or too friend-like for your liking, put a stop to it straight away

First, fancy seeing you here! And I completely agree with you!

You kidding? I'm not a success (just lost a sub the other day) and I've got an anon messaging me on kik. It's kinda scary.

But it's nice having someone to talk to who likes my channel. :unsure:

No, I am not afraid of success or people recognize me.
I am more afraid of Stalkers and that's what success like this brings with it as well.

its totally ok...but ive only started my youtube channel and have about only 30 subscribers..but i want to get more subs and want people to know me cuz im an open person lol..
and as u said..it totally ok..different people have different opinions
Stay Awesome :)

Not too afraid yet but no wonder with only around 300 subs. But I went to the Videodays in Cologne this year and it is madness how people react to some of the big YouTuber. No way they can move around freely anymore. But these are the really big celebs.
I've also seen someone asking in a random "YouTubers" group on Facebook (on a different day...not during the convention) stuff like "My GF and I went to Cologne to find some YouTubers. Does anyone know where they often hang out. We are currently looking at the train station." NOW that is a bit creepy!

I do like it though when channels are successful without even showing their face. In my case I wanted to have a personal space though and decided to go ahead with it. We'll see what happens...

I don't need to shows up, I'm already famous, and majority of them called me a bad guy because I'm always creeping on other people... Y U DO THIS PEOPLE? :'(

Back