Is Anyone Afraid of Being A Youtube Success?

Te-Erika

I've Got It
I have been a Youtuber since 2007 and recently I have been getting about 5 subs a day. That's quite a lot and a few time I have been recognized on the street. The other day I got an email from a subscriber detailing how she always thinks of me and considers me to be her BFF even though we haven't met.

I really want the money that comes with being a superstar Youtuber but I don't know about the fame and recognition part. It kind of scares me that people I don't know desire to be close to me emotionally. I am open on my Youtube channel but in real life I am an extreme introvert, I never want to be noticed, don't like meeting new people, etc.

I love making my videos but I'm kind of scared to get more subscribers and fans. Right now I host a MeetUp group for my subscribers and it always feels weird that I meet people who know all about me and I don't even know their names or that they exist. Does anyone feel this way. It's kind of scary. I don't want to disappoint people who say they love me but I also don't want to compromise who I am- which is an introvert, happy to be alone.

I'm the same as you, I want the money but couldent care less about the fame.

I only launched my channel yesterday and I use actresses for videos that need introductions/outros.

I also have a plan for my next channel that I will be starting in a month or so where I dont need anyone onscreen at all.

I'm so new and young. Yet oddly enough I got recognized once which felt really awesome yet weird. Yeah I think its scary and probably a big tradeoff. But from what it seems it's not like television fame. You should do some serious thinking about whether the fame balances out with the money from your perspective.

I know how you feel. I am also introverted. This is hard if you are a vlogger because most of the time all your videos are about yourself so you are expected to tell people about yourself and show your face. It is easier for gaming channels like myself though. I have almost 30,000 subscribers and none of them know my name, what I look like, where I live, or anything about me. And they never will. Fame comes with a price but I think making a video about this and how you feel will be a good idea so people know what to expect if they did meet you.

I know how you feel. I am also introverted. This is hard if you are a vlogger because most of the time all your videos are about yourself so you are expected to tell people about yourself and show your face. It is easier for gaming channels like myself though. I have almost 30,000 subscribers and none of them know my name, what I look like, where I live, or anything about me. And they never will. Fame comes with a price but I think making a video about this and how you feel will be a good idea so people know what to expect if they did meet you.

I talk about myself all the time and how I am introverted and how I have anxiety and everything and people still think they will be the one special person who pulls me out of my shell and becomes my best friend. I get that all of the time. I even made a video today and spoke about the fact that they don't really want to be my friend because I only talk to my friends 2-3 times a year and see them once every other year or so. No one believes it because of my personality on YT. They all think they will be the exception.

But congrats on 30K SUBS!! WOW!!! That is soo awesome!

when i got to 200+ subs i was like freaking out from shock and was trying to keep the comments in control ect tho now i can handle it even when i went on a Minecraft server someone new me from youtube

I have been a Youtuber since 2007 and recently I have been getting about 5 subs a day. That's quite a lot and a few time I have been recognized on the street. The other day I got an email from a subscriber detailing how she always thinks of me and considers me to be her BFF even though we haven't met.

I really want the money that comes with being a superstar Youtuber but I don't know about the fame and recognition part. It kind of scares me that people I don't know desire to be close to me emotionally. I am open on my Youtube channel but in real life I am an extreme introvert, I never want to be noticed, don't like meeting new people, etc.

I love making my videos but I'm kind of scared to get more subscribers and fans. Right now I host a MeetUp group for my subscribers and it always feels weird that I meet people who know all about me and I don't even know their names or that they exist. Does anyone feel this way. It's kind of scary. I don't want to disappoint people who say they love me but I also don't want to compromise who I am- which is an introvert, happy to be alone.
I am rarely in the videos so my dogs get the fame. They are kind of my cloak I guess. They have been on TV and everything, I have not snuck myself into one of their videos that make it onto TV yet. I would actually find it cool to a certain point to have people recognize me, but there is a certain line where it would get annoying. I think my face only appears in about 10% or less of my videos, so I'm generally a ghost behind the camera. I think the video with the most views and my face in it has about 44k or something, but it's a really old s****y camera so people probably still can't tell who it is lol. Long story short, I think it could get annoying if you let it.

I am the same way. I have one friend who I go out to lunch with every so often but other than that I don't really have any that I see more that a few times a years. I like to stay home. I have a husband and a daughter who are with me when I'm not at work, and I like being around them all the time, but that's enough for me. I only have 165 subscribers so I don't really have any problems yet except for the occasional super creepy comment. I don't ever say my last name, I don't give any personal details about myself, like even which state I live in, and I don't even use my daughters first name. I'm more worried about her if I ever got big. I'd be afraid people might want to kidnap her or something. I would love the money, so that I could stay home with her all day and quit my job, but that's exactly what I would do. Stay at home and make all of my videos there and never leave the house.

with my videos i'ts only my voice you hear so I wouldn't get recognised but i feel if in front of the camera it comes with it. I sometimes think I should in fact do my videos with me on screen as I feel a lot of viewers and subscribers especially like to relate and get to know the individual

Back