I used to have one, but I was getting video abandonment (even though the intro was only 6 seconds). I got rid of it and now try to have something funny or engaging in the first 5 seconds now, definitely helped

Edit: I should point out mine wasn't snappy or funny, it was just a good effect showing my channel name and my channel catch phrase

Hey guys, I have an interesting question

I heard that most viewers usually decide whether to keep watching the video or click away within the first 15 seconds. My question being, what are your guy's views on animated intros along with the opening statements that you say at the beginning of every video? (I.E. What's up YouTube, this is _____ here, and so on...)

I understand that it works as a sort of hook, but do you guys think that it's a time waster of that valuable first 15 seconds that is supposed to be used to impress and keep the viewer and/or future subscriber?

Thank you guys for taking your time to read this and answer me :D

umm having an intro/ opening isnt bad but i prefer people wgo first say like "hello this is ____ here" then they describe the video and just get to the point, you can have a intro and also then start speaking but its up to you i prefer someone to not have an intro

I used to have an intro, but I'm starting to move away from it. I'm going to start having an outro instead, where I include some social media links and call to action for subscribe/like/comment.

umm having an intro/ opening isnt bad but i prefer people wgo first say like "hello this is ____ here" then they describe the video and just get to the point, you can have a intro and also then start speaking but its up to you i prefer someone to not have an intro

That makes sense, it always is a good idea to get to the point as soon as possible

I used to have an intro, but I'm starting to move away from it. I'm going to start having an outro instead, where I include some social media links and call to action for subscribe/like/comment.

I have a fully 3D animated intro and I try my best to have an outro when possible for specific video series, but it isn't a constant thing for me. I should work on that c:

Honestly as long as your intro is 4 seconds or less, its should be fine.
And yes I need to work on putting outros on all videos as well.

i dontt have an into. ive been considering getting one though. i would want to use something from one of my previous videos if i was to make one tho.
Intros using your previous video's content sounds like an interesting idea :eek:
It could grab the attention of viewers and draw them to your channel :D

Intros using your previous video's content sounds like an interesting idea :eek:
It could grab the attention of viewers and draw them to your channel :D
thats kinda what i was thinking as well. once i have enough content i feel like it would be worth the time grabbing a small clip from previous videos and changing the intro like once a week or whatever depending on how often you upload.

I mainly watch gaming channels and pesobally like intros...it makes it familiar somehow and seem more professional to me.

I take some inspiration from guys like Squirrel and epic name Bro.

Back