Intro or no intro?

mTAoMM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Intros and openings can help a viewer understand what they are beginning to watch. Just make it short and to the point. Too long of an animation can bore people. But, it helps to have one that showcases your content and the videos simple info: title, genre, activities. So it's important but be careful.

Faraz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys ive only started about a month ago and i have around 6 subs and not many views, because i am a gaming channel should i have an intro/outro and will it have any benefit? as for now i just start the video with me introducing myself and telling me what i am going to play and then i just start now idk if that is the best idea because the audience may think it isnt professional so in order to gain ore views or subs should i make a proffesional intro or outro or is that not needed.

thanks for the support :)

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I suggest at least an outro at this point to direct people to your other videos. Since your just starting out an official intro might hurt your retention rate I think. I stopped doing an official intro on my videos quit awhile ago. I do what you do and just say hey guys I'm Brinkbabe91 and we are going to play blah blah blah and dive right in. And actually I only do that once per recording session. Like I'm doing the walking dead right now. all the videos after the begining of each episode doesnt have that hey guys thing I do. I just record in one huge chunk and chop it up. I figure they can know my name by it being next to the sub button.

Reactions: Faraz

MichaelP

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep the intro as it is, introducing yourself but make an outro to direct them to your other videos.
Simple as that.

CarterSupplyCo

Reaction score
I think an intro can help the audience recognize the channel. It is also a nice segway into a video instead of just jumping right in.

Wolfieh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Animator
If it's just 2-3 seconds than it shouldn't be a problem at all so I think you should keep it

Nebrines

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use to have some pretty boring introductions to my videos, but now I put a few seconds of something exciting that happened during the video. After that, I do a small introduction and get to the video. This builds up the anticipation for when that exact part is going to happen in the video, I feel.

Total Maher

Reaction score
I want to change my channel intro...

I know this sounds like a strange question but have any of you done that? Does it make a different?

Thanks..

Tantsandras

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi everyone!

I currently have a music intro to my videos. Is this a good thing? Are there more people who think music intros are annoying than people who think that it's a good thing? Should you chose upbeat music or a more mellow song?