I don't judge a video's success for a few months. I watch the earnings grow and determine if a video's earnings is worth it. Most of my videos have not earn a dollar. However, the combined earnings from all of my videos make it worth my time. A third of my earnings are from my blog. I am expecting my first payment in a few months.

Awesome, Franklin! Congrats! That's really great!
What's your blog on?[DOUBLEPOST=1473123325,1473123233][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is exactly what most networks want you to be. They got you right where they want you if you are new and learning.

Lol. Good thing there are great folks like you out there keeping us newbies safe! Lol. Thank you for the heads up. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1473124007][/DOUBLEPOST]
All the investment toward making YouTube videos should be for the enjoyment of doing it. If you enjoy making videos then keep it up but don't build up the expectation of making a lot of money because it's simply not what it should be about and will only lead to frustration.

Aww man. Bummer. I want to be rich and famous like, umm, those other rich and famous guys on YouTube. Lol. Thanks, James. I do enjoy making the videos, some more than others :). It's great fun. This YTtalk is a lot of fun also. Cheers!

I spent so much time making videos that I'm getting 1¢ per hour after everything. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat? What is your motivation to keep moving forward?

Not money like yours...

My motivation are the awesome comments I keep getting on my videos. Money? Side thing. And it will stay that way till it starts paying bills. Right now YouTube is costing me money.

aww i think you just need to enjoy filming! As silly as that sounds thats what helps. Not thinking about the money just thinking about new ideas and having fun with them

aww i think you just need to enjoy filming! As silly as that sounds thats what helps. Not thinking about the money just thinking about new ideas and having fun with them

Thank you. :)
Filming and making the videos are fun. Seeing the final product that you love and is proud of means everything. Having memories for the little guy is the main goal. The money is secondary. This post was meant to be funny. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1473439528,1473439413][/DOUBLEPOST]
I assume many of us would want to rely on doing what we love as a source of income someday.
I haven't monetized my videos just yet. Just continue uploading and try to better the content with each new video released.

Thanks, Tabbes. Indeed. Getting paid for doing what we love is the goal. Lol. I'm getting better everyday.
Best wishes to you.[DOUBLEPOST=1473439640][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not money like yours...

Not a very nice comment.

It was tough to stay motivated in the beginning when I was barely making cents. My best motivation was honestly just being confident in my content. I truly believe, and still do, that I have something very powerful in my hands that can help a lot of people and most definitely help me. But the only way that it can do that is if I don't stop making videos.

Back