I make 5 cents a video. Lol.

Ayden TravelsandToys

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I spent so much time making videos that I'm getting 1¢ per hour after everything. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat? What is your motivation to keep moving forward?

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have a hug :)

I've just recently started on a more serious note so the workflow os more or less:

Make video,
Wait a week,
Watch retention analytics drops with video moments,
Note things to improve,
See top ranking videos for my keyword,
Try to analyze why they are top,
Ask questions on this forum,
Make different video with applied knowledge,
Wait a week,
Etc.

Or in other words, stop moving when you are dead, not earlier :)

Eaglewolf Magic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I spent so much time making videos that I'm getting 1¢ per hour after everything. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat? What is your motivation to keep moving forward?
My motivation is not he money. Doing magic gives me so much, it makes me happy, and it makes other happy.

Now, creating videos that's a lot of fun too! Editing and filming and coming up with different ides, that's not work for me, i just like it so much.

It would be cool to make some cash of Youtube don't get me wrong, but that's not the priority! Having fun while creating that's what gives me energy! :)

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You're thinking too short term. I could easily turn on monetization and earn a handful of $$$, but I choose not to until I have a big enough subscriber base. But if you're not excited making your content for free on Youtube, then you're not doing something you love. I'd love to get paid for this someday, but at the same time I do this mainly because I know my content provides value for people.

Eaglewolf Magic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You're thinking too short term. I could easily turn on monetization and earn a handful of $$$, but I choose not to until I have a big enough subscriber base. But if you're not excited making your content for free on Youtube, then you're not doing something you love. I'd love to get paid for this someday, but at the same time I do this mainly because I know my content provides value for people.
Awesome words, and what a great channel you have!

BettyisHere

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dont do this looking for money, do this as a hobby and money will come later. some of these big youtubers have done youtube for 3-5 years and only now making money

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not to be harsh on you, but I'm developing a toy channel as well and it's a very very very saturated market you're trying to get into. Look at your videos and the topic you're covering and ask yourself if it's really that much better than people who are at a similar channel age and improve where you need to. If you look at the big guys, what are they doing and how can you do something similar without blindly copying it.
If you're persistent, keep improving, post 3 or 4 times a week, do everything right, you might start earning some money 6 to 9 months from now. Until that time it's scraping pennies every month and no guarantees for succes :)

Looking briefly at your channel, you started only a few weeks ago and while your editing seems good and you start with a hook, you could improve points below. Haven't check your tags so can't judge how good they are.

- No top banner
- Very busy thumbnails, they don't show in a quick glance what it is about. Remember you're targeting kids with a very short attention span, why would they click your video and not Ryan's toy review, Toymonster, etc.
- No descriptions for Youtube to learn from what your video is about

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube ad revenue is a really difficult thing to count on, money-wise. If you really want to make money from your videos, the days of uploading and gathering subscribers then living off of ad revenue are pretty much going away. Nowadays, creators are either going towards subscription payment services like Patreon or funding large projects through crowdfunding like Kickstarter, or they're working out brand or affiliate deals. As the latest shakeup shows, YouTube can change their way of paying creators at any time, and doesn't seem to have exceptionally clear details about how their rules (new or existing) are enforced.

So make videos because you want to make videos. The money, you'll have to figure out as either an offshoot of that or make it not as much a part of the reason why you YouTube in the first place.

Ayden TravelsandToys

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Dont do this looking for money, do this as a hobby and money will come later. some of these big youtubers have done youtube for 3-5 years and only now making money
Thank you, Betty. :) Realistically, I absolutely know it. But a girl likes to dream. Lol. And is hopeful.