Don't ever join a network, it's a thing of the past you will regret big time. If you ignore my advice, ask around first to get some more opinions. They just take a big chunk of your profits and they will not help you promote. At best you will get access to some free music to use but in return you give 20 to 30% of your profits away.[DOUBLEPOST=1473097909,1473097826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Youtube adsense is not the easiest but if you can edit a video it shouldnt be a big hurdle.
But I was thinking about joining the "Curse Network" and lots of people say that's a really good network ... so idk?
You earn 90% of what you make in their network / lots of people say that their support is great .
Is it still a bad idea ? :(

if your in it for the money, get out now.

What?!?! I'm just trying to make a buck! Haha. Thanks, LokiDoki. I'm super proud of my videos. Clearly not the best (yet...haha), but imma keep trying. My motivation is my lil guy. College funds and all. Lol. I'm realistic. And a dreamer. If nothing comes of this, there will be a bunch of happy memories for the kiddo to watch all in one place when he grows older. Lord knows, he loves them.
Cheers!

But I was thinking about joining the "Curse Network" and lots of people say that's a really good network ... so idk?
You earn 90% of what you make in their network / lots of people say that their support is great .
Is it still a bad idea ? :(
Ask yourself, why do you want to join a network? In the past you needed it to use e.g. custom thumbnails, the only way starters could use them was joining a network. All of these benefits are all available to everyone now so there's no point. If you want to give 20% of your profits for 1 or 2 years to someone without the option of cancelling your contract, feel free to send it to me :) Look a bit around how many people are crying about it on the internet. Lots of people earn less after joining one and are stuck in the contract. Also, if you do get popular somehow and you're stuck on a 2 year contract, 20% or 30% is a lot of cash!
Oh, in case you're thinking "hey, my favorite youtuber is on network X, is he/she dumb?", no he/she is not dumb, they actually get paid by the network to join them so that other creators are tricked in joining them as well. They will send you a message on your channel something like this:

Constance Pagkalinawan 1 month ago · Shared privately
Hi Kids Corner, we acquired the top player in the kids space, HooplaKidz with over 3 billion monthly views and 1.5+ million subs. With this growth, we are looking for kids/family channels like yours to help expand your audience with the resources we can offer you. If you'd be interested in exploring partnership with the HooplaKidz network, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Here's a good post from @Lightsen on the subject with some other details and responses: http://yttalk.com/threads/read-this-before-joining-an-mcn.162036/

Ask yourself, why do you want to join a network? In the past you needed it to use e.g. custom thumbnails, the only way starters could use them was joining a network. All of these benefits are all available to everyone now so there's no point. If you want to give 20% of your profits for 1 or 2 years to someone without the option of cancelling your contract, feel free to send it to me :) Look a bit around how many people are crying about it on the internet. Lots of people earn less after joining one and are stuck in the contract. Also, if you do get popular somehow and you're stuck on a 2 year contract, 20% or 30% is a lot of cash!
Oh, in case you're thinking "hey, my favorite youtuber is on network X, is he/she dumb?", no he/she is not dumb, they actually get paid by the network to join them so that other creators are tricked in joining them as well. They will send you a message on your channel something like this:

1 month ago · Shared privately
Hi Kids Corner, we acquired the top player in the kids space, HooplaKidz with over 3 billion monthly views and 1.5+ million subs. With this growth, we are looking for kids/family channels like yours to help expand your audience with the resources we can offer you. If you'd be interested in exploring partnership with the HooplaKidz network, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Here's a good post from @Lightsen on the subject with some other details and responses:
Yeah you have good points and all the things you said are true but I did some research about the network "Curse" , and I really need to say that that is the only network that seems really good. You are not locked in a contract , so I can leave the network anytime :) / You earn 90% of what you make , so that's actually allot for a network.
So ... I have a small channel at the moment, so I'm just going to give it a try (later) , and if it's not that good , well then I'm just going to leave that network , and I'll do some research about YouTube adsense or what it's called :)

I spent so much time making videos that I'm getting 1¢ per hour after everything. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat? What is your motivation to keep moving forward?

Well you gotta start from somewhere, I just started making videos about 2 months ago, needless to say, I make 0¢ per vid, my motivation is seeing people doing it, and saying to myself that it can be done. I'm just hoping that I'm not the exception to the rule, lol

could you elaborate on this a bit for me please? such as top ranking videos for keywords? how would you do that :)?

e.g that the top 5 ranking videos from "most tasty chocolate"
see what they have in common in terms of title, tags, description. In this case you have a chance because there is no direct match and the videos ranking seem to be targeting something else. So there is actually no point in trying to look for ranking there. But if the videos are optimized you can easily get inspiration from the top ranking ones.

Yeah you have good points and all the things you said are true but I did some research about the network "Curse" , and I really need to say that that is the only network that seems really good. You are not locked in a contract , so I can leave the network anytime :) / You earn 90% of what you make , so that's actually allot for a network.
So ... I have a small channel at the moment, so I'm just going to give it a try (later) , and if it's not that good , well then I'm just going to leave that network , and I'll do some research about YouTube adsense or what it's called :)

I looked them up, indeed they don't seem to be the squeezing type but still take 10% for not doing anything. I also don't see they will run ads for you on adwords, i could only find something mentioning that described they will use your videos to turn on advertising. This one from their FAQ?

Partnering with Union for Gamers on YouTube is a great way to earn money for your video game tutorials, gameplay walkthroughs, gaming comedy videos, glitches, easter eggs and more. The way this works is by Union for Gamers selling the ad space on your channel. We emphasize your gaming content and include some gaming advertisements on your channel - we find that viewers looking for gaming content are less likely to steer away channels that also have gaming ads!

First reddit post I clicked about Curse, also not giving any reason to join them (I only read the first 20 posts). https://www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/comments/4hfem8/curse_union_for_gamers_mcn_to_join_or_not_to_join/

I don't judge a video's success for a few months. I watch the earnings grow and determine if a video's earnings is worth it. Most of my videos have not earn a dollar. However, the combined earnings from all of my videos make it worth my time. A third of my earnings are from my blog. I am expecting my first payment in a few months.

The dream is we'd love to all make money from youtube one day! Reality is we need to prove ourselves first. We are content creators. The reason why we doubt and readjust is because we are fighters. Advice? Keep pushing out content because it's what you love. The sooner you realize there's more to it than the end goal. The better you will be appreciating the tiny ones :)

Thanks, Eaglewolf Magic. Your videos look like a ton of fun.
My motivation is the little kiddo. Smiles on his face as he watches the videos I make. Years down the line, it would be great for him to look back on all the videos in one place.
You're right. Money isn't priority. Lol.
It is a wonderful feeling to see new views and subscribers everyday though. Right?
Best wishes to you and continue having fun! Cheers!!

I understand, he is adorable :). Oh yes that's fun! For me it tells me that people like what I'm doing and that I'm reaching out to more people! But I'm trying to adapt the mindset that the first year, nobody is going to watch my videos, except for a few haha :) so just keep going, keep doing what you like and think is fun and your small snowball will get bigger :D[DOUBLEPOST=1473109549,1473109478][/DOUBLEPOST]
The dream is we'd love to all make money from youtube one day! Reality is we need to prove ourselves first. We are content creators. The reason why we doubt and readjust is because we are fighters. Advice? Keep pushing out content because it's what you love. The sooner you realize there's more to it than the end goal. The better you will be appreciating the tiny ones :)

AMEN to THAT brother :)

Back