I had someone send this to me over Twitter -

I see your point, definitely, I was just initially put off by the overall attitude of the DM,
plus, getting big isn't the goal for everyone, not everyone wants to get on trends as quickly as possible just because they're popular (no problem with people that do that, mind you)
I know for a fact that I don't care about what videos are popular or not, Some of my favourite videos to do get the least views of my entire channel but I still do them because I enjoy them
Not everyone wants YouTube to be their career, I think just doing you and doing what you enjoy is much more rewarding

I guess it's different with gaming since there are so many of them, that's just my opinion though!

For sure, I'm not trying to say there isn't value in doing them as a hobby. Different strokes for different folks; if you get satisfied as using it as a creative outlet then you do you.

I just wanted to make the point in case someone is in the delusion that uploading established games let's plays/funny moments might have a slight chance of getting them somewhere. Like no way man, not unless you're a professional brown noser at youtuber conventions LOL

Got to get ahead of the curve one way or another when it's comes to capturing a media niche market (or sometimes even creating one).

And that's coming from someone speaking of over a decade of YouTube and general media experience.

take this advice from a YouTube veteran:

Both of these sentences are extremely arrogant and laughable. A successful YouTuber wouldn't be wasting his/her time putting other Youtubers down. Big successful YouTubers barely have time to write a one sentence reply to their own subs - They certainly don't have time to be watching random videos and giving "reviews" - So basically, it sounds like a frustrated nobody.

Plus the fact that he / she is giving you an unsolicited "review" that isn't a review or even constructive is also extremely rude. I wouldn't even bother replying. Put them on "mute" and don't reply. Don't block them because they'll see that you've blocked them and it'll probably give them some sort of satisfaction that they have got to you.

It is a phrase that comes back numerous times... But Haters gonna hate. No one goes out of their way to hate on another YouTuber unless they themselves have issues. I would just ignore the troll and continue on. That person is not worth a breath.

Both of these sentences are extremely arrogant and laughable. A successful YouTuber wouldn't be wasting his/her time putting other Youtubers down. Big successful YouTubers barely have time to write a one sentence reply to their own subs - They certainly don't have time to be watching random videos and giving "reviews" - So basically, it sounds like a frustrated nobody.

Plus the fact that he / she is giving you an unsolicited "review" that isn't a review or even constructive is also extremely rude. I wouldn't even bother replying. Put them on "mute" and don't reply. Don't block them because they'll see that you've blocked them and it'll probably give them some sort of satisfaction that they have got to you.
That's what I was going to say! I had other small YouTubers send me emails like this I see your channel has grown pretty fast and I've been on YouTube way before you and I never gained any subscribers and that's not fair because I've been on for years and you haven't and you should really change your content and fim this and that. I just didn't respond to them and after that person did a whole video reviewing my channel thinly my subscribers would watch him but it didn't happen that way[DOUBLEPOST=1504925371,1504925198][/DOUBLEPOST]Just ignore it I've been in Similar situations like that's it's just other small YouTubers upset their channel isn't growing so they take it out on the ones that are gain subscribers! If I was as successful as he says he is he wouldn't be bothering you!

That was extremely rude. Please don't let that message get to you and ignore them. They had no right speaking that way to you and my guess is that they're just jealous of your content. If they really wanted to give you "advice", they could have been constructive about it.

Whoever sent you that message is a loser.

Unequivocally.

Move on, and chin up.

Back