I had someone send this to me over Twitter -

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I read the "And that's coming from someone speaking of over a decade of YouTube and general media experience." I immediately started to just skip through what he said because that already sounds like someone who dislikes any video that is uploaded on YouTube, ever.

Just ignore it, you will just give him the attention he wants if you either answer him or take it personally.

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, guys! I am sorry for responding so late to this - what with the hurricanes and craziness of the last month, my real life job took over for a bit! I'm back now though... mwahaha.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't alone in thinking this was a ridiculous thing to send to someone. The brunt of it all really is that this guy had messaged me only a month prior to sending this, asking if he'd be able to collab with me, and basically small talking in my Twitter DMs. His channel has been around for 6 years, and he has amassed 1,037 subscribers - so I too chalked it up to at least some kind of annoyance with me on his part.

But whatever! All is well, and things will go on! Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Crown

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
wow, that's a lot to write for someone that isn't clearly seething with jealousy for some reason. did they share their channel? to prove how veteran they are? im curious what content they produce

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ha! What a cretin! I mean I'm lucky in that when I do get feedback, it's normally warranted. Sometimes my viewers let me know if I misspelled something or the background music was a little too loud, and that's fine as it's helpful. All this person has done is brag about being on YouTube for 10 years, make judgements on your channel, but then give no real, tangible way to improve or fix them. People like this are hot air balloons, high in the sky and full of hot air!! I don't think I'd have the restraint, and I'd probably tell this person where to go.

Remember.....

'Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength'

Last edited: