I Changed My Content and People Hate It...

I think it would be wise to do them both, vlogging and gaming. If thats not something you want, you just have to be patient and wait for new subscribers who like your gaming videos. I had the same experience, sort off. I made tutorials besides my animations and I ended up making more tutorials then cartoons which made me loose some subs.

I really wouldn't worry about your views mate. I mean you have videos that are as old as mine and you have waaaaaay more views than my most popular video lol. But on the content side of things, I would say just remove yourself from what the end goal is for a second (millions of subs and money to make a living doing what you love, let's be honest we ALL want that) and just think about what makes you really happy, and if that's gaming then so be it. I don't know anything about gaming channels or vlogs but it's your channel, and viewers are getting content for free, so if they don't like it they can of course leave, that is their perogative. Bottom line is your channel is young and has almost 200 subs, so there is room for change. Good luck ☺
That is an awesome way to look at it. You're right my channel is young, and small, and I kept looking at that like I did something wrong, but in the grand scheme of things there is no better time to change than now. If someone doesn't like it well I have way less to lose in 200 subs and WAY more to gain in the millions that use YT everyday. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1485010052,1485009871][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would totally mix the two categories together, and they actually goes pretty well together too
Definitely what I'm going to do. Gaming regularly and vlogs every so often when we actually have something fun or exciting.[DOUBLEPOST=1485010498][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it would be wise to do them both, vlogging and gaming. If thats not something you want, you just have to be patient and wait for new subscribers who like your gaming videos. I had the same experience, sort off. I made tutorials besides my animations and I ended up making more tutorials then cartoons which made me loose some subs.
Yeah all about the patience for sure. I just checked out your channel and am glad the change is working for you! And let me just say you definitely deserve more subs, unique, funny, and genuine. Love it.

I decided to switch from roasting commentary to gaming and parody reviews and I felt the same way. I thought what I was doing before was going to be something I loved and it's what grew my channel but then my feelings on it completely changed so I deleted all my videos and started from scratch. Yes my views aren't the same but I'm willing to get past that and just do what I enjoy doing. Maybe do both and just take the hits on the videos you enjoy doing more or you could completely start fresh and see how that turns out. Honestly though, don't give a sh*t about people not paying as much of an interest right now. Maybe do some shorter gaming videos to start with and find more like minded YouTubers to collab with.
Anyway, good luck.

My vlogs got support but the gaming videos

Story telling while playing games is easy and seems to be really popular right now and a mix of vlogs/games. Some people, like myself, like to hear someones voice talking about unrelated things while stuff happens in game. My channel (right now) is strictly trying to get better at League of Legends ranked play. I might switch it up one day, but the one thing I know is that I will never portray someone I'm not on YouTube. Do what makes YOU happy, people like happy.

I hope that helps out.

That is an awesome way to look at it. You're right my channel is young, and small, and I kept looking at that like I did something wrong, but in the grand scheme of things there is no better time to change than now. If someone doesn't like it well I have way less to lose in 200 subs and WAY more to gain in the millions that use YT everyday. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1485010052,1485009871][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely what I'm going to do. Gaming regularly and vlogs every so often when we actually have something fun or exciting.[DOUBLEPOST=1485010498][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah all about the patience for sure. I just checked out your channel and am glad the change is working for you! And let me just say you definitely deserve more subs, unique, funny, and genuine. Love it.
Thanks man! I appreciate that.

1 year ago I started vlogging. It was almost instant growth (on a small scale). 9 months later I found my love in gaming videos. It's the first time I noticed myself truly doing something I enjoy that could lead to a future but I'm constantly questioning the why's.

My vlogs got support but the gaming videos, well it isn't going over well. How can someone grow away from this mental barrier that no one likes their change? As if the fb/twitter messages aren't enough asking why I don't vlog anymore (from more people than I even have subs?). It's such a road block seeing that growth, love and support... then poof gone. Hundred sometimes thousands of views now 10-20. And no growth in over 3 months since the change. Of course I just need to keep creating and people who genuinely like me with come but-

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you keep moving forward? Are there any good inspirational stories of bigger Youtubers who made it through this?

(If it matters it's definitely not a quality issue. My vlog camera was a horrible canon 330hs. My gaming set up I built to start gaming is the highest quality hardware and audio equipment I could afford, which I took on quite some debt as an investment in myself to buy)

If you switched from one genre to another with no warning, it's inevitable there'll be some backlash because that's not what your followers have subscribed for. It's always a good idea to give your viewers a heads-up regarding any major updates your channel is going through - after all, they are the core of your content. They have every right to know.

However, I should make it clear that is it your channel and thus, it's yours to do with as you wish. If you wanna game, do gaming. If you wanna vlog, do vlogging. If you wanna do both, do both. Nothing's stopping you - as long as you're passionate and it makes you happy, go right ahead. Just make sure your audience is in the loop first.

I would you say you can keep doing both on the same channel. I see many channels doing that and succeding at it. Keep on vloging as it keeps traffic and toss in weeklly 2-3 videos untill people start to enjoy it.

If you switched from one genre to another with no warning, it's inevitable there'll be some backlash because that's not what your followers have subscribed for. It's always a good idea to give your viewers a heads-up regarding any major updates your channel is going through - after all, they are the core of your content. They have every right to know.

However, I should make it clear that is it your channel and thus, it's yours to do with as you wish. If you wanna game, do gaming. If you wanna vlog, do vlogging. If you wanna do both, do both. Nothing's stopping you - as long as you're passionate and it makes you happy, go right ahead. Just make sure your audience is in the loop first.

Haha yeah I can see your point but in my case since I started vlogging I ALWAYS talked about how I can't wait to build my PC to start making gaming videos because vlogging all the time was just way too unhealthy for me. Fun and new at first but then made daily life so aggravating feeling like a slave to the camera plus never knowing who and what to film or if any of it is even going to be enjoyable or something I want to remember at the end of the day. My viewers got warnings allllll the time that my dream was gaming videos I just didn't have the money at the time to pursue that route. I think that's why this caught me so off guard that people are mad I'm not vlogging. It's kinda crazy to me considering I don't even know these people but some one them live in the area I moved to and are even trying to figure out where I live. I loved the support but overall just wasn't worth the headache and I voiced the opinion to my viewers all the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1485102551,1485102222][/DOUBLEPOST]
I decided to switch from roasting commentary to gaming and parody reviews and I felt the same way. I thought what I was doing before was going to be something I loved and it's what grew my channel but then my feelings on it completely changed so I deleted all my videos and started from scratch. Yes my views aren't the same but I'm willing to get past that and just do what I enjoy doing. Maybe do both and just take the hits on the videos you enjoy doing more or you could completely start fresh and see how that turns out. Honestly though, don't give a sh*t about people not paying as much of an interest right now. Maybe do some shorter gaming videos to start with and find more like minded YouTubers to collab with.
Anyway, good luck.

That's exactly the feeling. At least I know I'm not alone. I loved vlogging but same as you my feelings on it changed. Maybe one day when I have kids I'll start posting more vlogs again when there are actually important things in my life I want to remember but until then gaming and super occasional vlogs it is. I've been looking for collabs big time lately, been checking the collab forums on here frequently.

There's loads of people who I know who have done the same and felt the same so it seems pretty standard I guess. Just do what you feel comfortable with and f*ck everyone else.
Also try finding gamers on YouTube you like and ask around that way :)
Good luck!

Back