I Changed My Content and People Hate It...

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just do both, it's not an issue for lots of larger youtubers~

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You could do gaming videos with a serious vlogging vibe to them. Talk about how your week was while discussing the game they're watching you play. The mix of the two could be refreshing and would appease your viewers and your own passion. I really hope this clears up. It will make you a more resilient YouTuber in the end.

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1 year ago I started vlogging. It was almost instant growth (on a small scale). 9 months later I found my love in gaming videos. It's the first time I noticed myself truly doing something I enjoy that could lead to a future but I'm constantly questioning the why's.

My vlogs got support but the gaming videos, well it isn't going over well. How can someone grow away from this mental barrier that no one likes their change? As if the fb/twitter messages aren't enough asking why I don't vlog anymore (from more people than I even have subs?). It's such a road block seeing that growth, love and support... then poof gone. Hundred sometimes thousands of views now 10-20. And no growth in over 3 months since the change. Of course I just need to keep creating and people who genuinely like me with come but-

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you keep moving forward? Are there any good inspirational stories of bigger Youtubers who made it through this?

(If it matters it's definitely not a quality issue. My vlog camera was a horrible canon 330hs. My gaming set up I built to start gaming is the highest quality hardware and audio equipment I could afford, which I took on quite some debt as an investment in myself to buy)
The best thing to do is create the videos that you find the most interesting and fun. I'm sure you will build a new fan base that enjoy watching your gaming videos. I think that you should consider creating vlog and gaming videos. If you decide to create both make sure you set a schedule for both of them on separate days :)

Good luck mate :D

Reactions: Kyle Laughlin

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's nothing wrong with that, but you should have informed your subs beforehand before starting a secondary channel. No doubt people sub because they want to watch the particular category.

If I were a subscriber, I'd definitely not go with the change that doesn't interest me. There are tons of other channels that could entertain in different ways and the freedom of choice.

Kyle Laughlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's nothing wrong with that, but you should have informed your subs beforehand before starting a secondary channel. No doubt people sub because they want to watch the particular category.

If I were a subscriber, I'd definitely not go with the change that doesn't interest me. There are tons of other channels that could entertain in different ways and the freedom of choice.
Yeah I told them multiple times even from the start of my vlogging days.