How To Upload To YouTube FASTER

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I was doing .mp4 with Camtasia as well. I moved over to .mov when I went to 1920x1080p though as I feel its better quality. May just be me though :p
Yeah, I for one didn't really feel the need to go 1080p in my channel. (360p looks freakin' majestic! #turtleinternet) A lot more hassle in my opinion, but that's just me :p

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I for one didn't really feel the need to go 1080p in my channel. (360p looks freakin' majestic! #turtleinternet) A lot more hassle in my opinion, but that's just me :p
Well you do have a good point. I have a 250 GB bandwidth cap from the lovely Comcast Cable Company. I hit it monthly :( (usually exceed)

JDLiveGamers

Reaction score
I'd say no to any type of compression after all of my hard work into making an HD video. There's a reason for file size. It's why a Blu Ray holds more data than a DVD DL, and a DVD DL holds more than a DVD, and more than a CD, etc. Quality with more data. At least, that's been my rule of thumb.
Handbrake compresses as much as it can without lowering quality. If you want it compressed any more down manually, the quality will suffer.

It seems to work like this, say you are recording 1080p max res and graphics on Titanfall, the file size would be huge. Upon compressing handbrake can't do that much to it without lowering quality. The file might go from 1gb to 500mb (still a lot)

But, recording my desktop yesterday the file size was at 1.2gb. Upon compressing it went down to 78mb, I think this is because there is no intense HD graphics to try to compress

GlacieredPyro

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I am going to give it a try tonight.
If this does reduce size and not quality then I might be able to take my videos up to 1080.
Currently I stick to 720 due to upload times on under 1mbit upload speeds.

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I am going to give it a try tonight.
If this does reduce size and not quality then I might be able to take my videos up to 1080.
Currently I stick to 720 due to upload times on under 1mbit upload speeds.
Please let us know how you like it!

FunkyTrousers

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use handbrake, it's an enormous help, shrinks my videos down to around half their size and keeps the quality a around 90% which is beast :D Highly recommend the software to anyone

bSMPlays

Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Watched your video and tried this out my my channel trailer. It is around 47 sec long, and was originally 90 MB, this brought the size down to around 47MB, with no noticeable change in quality!

I'll have to try it with one of my longer videos, but if this works I might be able to post 2 videos daily now!

Thanks so much.

Reactions: WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Watched your video and tried this out my my channel trailer. It is around 47 sec long, and was originally 90 MB, this brought the size down to around 47MB, with no noticeable change in quality!

I'll have to try it with one of my longer videos, but if this works I might be able to post 2 videos daily now!

Thanks so much.
If we continue to see reviews like this of no loss of quality, I'm fine with it and I'll use it as well (I upload 10 videos AT LEAST a week, so it will help with my bandwidth too, haha). 90% of quality isn't going to cut it, I go for perfection.

bSMPlays

Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If we continue to see reviews like this of no loss of quality, I'm fine with it and I'll use it as well (I upload 10 videos AT LEAST a week, so it will help with my bandwidth too, haha). 90% of quality isn't going to cut it, I go for perfection.
With this method I can now upload up to 40min 1080p content nightly. That opens up doors for doing whole world LPs in just one night.

I can't see any visible quality loss, so I highly doubt anyone else can.