How To Upload To YouTube FASTER

JDLiveGamers

Reaction score
If you are having trouble with slow upload speeds that means your videos can't be uploaded on schedule, or that your noisy computer keeps you up at night. Just follow this simply tutorial!

The easy to follow video is below (showing any virus scans if you are worried):

Here are the steps:

1) Produce and render a MP4 video
2) Download handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/)
3) Set up handbrake
4) Open Handbrake
5) Drag your Mp4 file into handbrake
6) Ignore the error
7) Choose destination folder
8) Click Start
9) Find the new file
10) Look at the reduced file size
11) UPLOAD at a ultra fast speed!

FAQ:

(Awaiting questions)

Reactions: Alliance

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are having trouble with slow upload speeds that means your videos can't be uploaded on schedule, or that your noisy computer keeps you up at night. Just follow this simply tutorial!

The easy to follow video is below (showing any virus scans if you are worried):

Here are the steps:

1) Produce and render a MP4 video
2) Download handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/)
3) Set up handbrake
4) Open Handbrake
5) Drag your Mp4 file into handbrake
6) Ignore the error
7) Choose destination folder
8) Click Start
9) Find the new file
10) Look at the reduced file size
11) UPLOAD at a ultra fast speed!

FAQ:

(Awaiting questions)
Good tip, I found this out a while ago. IMO handbrake is way better than any other video converter i've ever used. Also great explanation in the video :D.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On mobile so it's a bit tough to look into it, but wouldn't this conversion just cause quality to suck more? I mean, you can use mp3 audio compressed crap, etc, but it's saving file size due to the quality no?

VanCityVideo

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Alternatively, if your video takes long to upload due to sucky internet speed, find somewhere else to upload. Public libraries might have fast connections, public locations with wifi (coffee shops, fast food joints), maybe a local college/university if you can get access. This is assuming none of these places block YouTube uploads.

Reactions: Stike96

JDLiveGamers

Reaction score
Alternatively, if your video takes long to upload due to sucky internet speed, find somewhere else to upload. Public libraries might have fast connections, public locations with wifi (coffee shops, fast food joints), maybe a local college/university if you can get access. This is assuming none of these places block YouTube uploads.
Sucks for me though, no where is near when I want to upload :(

Reactions: JohnnyFox

GlacieredPyro

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On mobile so it's a bit tough to look into it, but wouldn't this conversion just cause quality to suck more? I mean, you can use mp3 audio compressed crap, etc, but it's saving file size due to the quality no?
Same question.

Commenting for alerts on reply.

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say no to any type of compression after all of my hard work into making an HD video. There's a reason for file size. It's why a Blu Ray holds more data than a DVD DL, and a DVD DL holds more than a DVD, and more than a CD, etc. Quality with more data. At least, that's been my rule of thumb.

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I tried this before and holy cow it worked wonders. Recently though I discovered that rendering the video in MP4 in Camtasia Studio works fine as well, so, since Camtasia's my main video editor, I decided to just stick to it (10 minutes is somewhere at 70MB which is alright for me.)

WeiseGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tried this before and holy cow it worked wonders. Recently though I discovered that rendering the video in MP4 in Camtasia Studio works fine as well, so, since Camtasia's my main video editor, I decided to just stick to it (10 minutes is somewhere at 70MB which is alright for me.)
I was doing .mp4 with Camtasia as well. I moved over to .mov when I went to 1920x1080p though as I feel its better quality. May just be me though :p

Reactions: Aaayron