How to start a Gaming Channel on YouTube - Multiple Part Series - Part 1 Basics and Equipment

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I frankly could care less how hard it is to put together the money to buy a professional level software package. I have no sympathy for the argument "I can't afford it". Then you don't get to have it, simple as that. And oddly enough, that's why there are multiple versions of most software, some cheaper than others. And yet, everyone used Vegas Pro and Premiere Pro. I can't imagine more than 1 in 10 people on this forum or YouTube in general actually pay for their software. Or their intro templates stolen from video-copilot, or their creative commons audio tracks not attributed properly...

As to the Vegas issue you had, their support wouldn't tell you that. Since you can download the program from their site and enter your legitimately purchased code to unlock it.

I agree.

People seem to think if something is on the interweb, then it's in the public domain and they can just help themselves to it.

Phicksur

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
If I may add in one software package I have been using for video editing: PowerDirector.

I got it for $60 (PowerDirector 10), it came loaded with all sorts of stuff I have been learning with, and it's up to $100 now for the latest version.

mrrandomguy466

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes PowerDirector is a great program to use from personal experiences

RobbieLizzie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A very good list there - A good mic will be my next upgrade, unless I figure out how to cut out the background hiss from my Plantronics Gamescom 780 Headset.

bandan11

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got an blu snowball recently but it picks up my computers fans. Any way I can fix that?

Raav

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I have to write it here as well.

Action! is great recording soft for PC. I would recommend it, especially for people with weaker hardware (it should cost about 30$).

And You said something about downloading soft like Sony Vegas. I think this is bad way. Imagine that I'm downloading Your videos and I earning money on them, and You can doo nothing about it.
Youtube is a hobby, witch brings You money if You have nice content. Really bad thing is to stole soft in this case. Ask Yourself do You wanna earn on stolen soft?
And You don't have to pay for Adobe Premiere Pro, witch cost xxxx dollars. It's better to buy cheaper soft, like Adobe Premiere Elements (mentioned in first post), You probably would never use all functions of Adobe Premiere Pro.

Phicksur

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
In my case, by voice is already very powerful (I have a somewhat deep voice and a naturally 'loud' volume) so background noise isn't too bad for me since I can turn down the gain on my microphone and that reduces how much it picks up.

But, yes, a better microphone will be my next purchase as well. If there is a thread on that, I will definitely be looking into it.

AnonBrony

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Debut Video Capture Software to record gameplay on my laptop. It's free, and it does what I need it to do.