How to start a Gaming Channel on YouTube - Multiple Part Series - Part 1 Basics and Equipment

Unless you pirate sony vegas and fraps you save lots.

I said nothing.

Or you could not advocate piracy, the single only method by which so many worthless gaming channels have cropped up lately. The attitude of snag it now and for free has contributed immeasurable damage to the YouTube scene. People who actually pay for their software understand the work and value that goes into creation.

Or you could not advocate piracy, the single only method by which so many worthless gaming channels have cropped up lately. The attitude of snag it now and for free has contributed immeasurable damage to the YouTube scene. People who actually pay for their software understand the work and value that goes into creation.

It's not easy to cough up 600 or 300 dollars for one simple program. But tend to rely on pirating but when they actually have the money they tend to buy it for real.

I bought sony vegas once used it for a few times and my laptop got broken. bought a new one and tried to install my bought sony vegas didn't work. tried to contact support said I should try to buy a new one.

hah.

hahaha.

Great advice here... I use a mixture between, DXtory, Sony Vegas and my turtle beach head phones which generally suit me. But I will be looking to upgrade to a free standing mic when I eventually more into the vlogs.

It's not easy to cough up 600 or 300 dollars for one simple program. But tend to rely on pirating but when they actually have the money they tend to buy it for real.

I frankly could care less how hard it is to put together the money to buy a professional level software package. I have no sympathy for the argument "I can't afford it". Then you don't get to have it, simple as that. And oddly enough, that's why there are multiple versions of most software, some cheaper than others. And yet, everyone used Vegas Pro and Premiere Pro. I can't imagine more than 1 in 10 people on this forum or YouTube in general actually pay for their software. Or their intro templates stolen from video-copilot, or their creative commons audio tracks not attributed properly...

As to the Vegas issue you had, their support wouldn't tell you that. Since you can download the program from their site and enter your legitimately purchased code to unlock it.

Hey GamingCreeperz, great overview bud. Everything is organises making it easy for everyone to read clearly. I'm sure it will help out those members who are new to the "Gaming" industry on YouTube.
Nice one bud :)

TheFNetwork

Nice thread, will help a lot of new comers out! :)

Might want to add something like "Screen Flow" if someone using a mac reads this and find they can't use any of that screen capturing software :)
Also, Adobe Premiere Pro is a lot better than Elements I think that deserves to be put on the list as well as Elements :)

EDIT: Oh and for Console stuff, the Roxio Game Capture HD is only around £99 on Amazon :)

Can I throw the suggestion of FFSplit into the recording of pc footage? It's lightweight and allows you to record to FLV for direct uploads with minimal upload time (Due to no conversion).

I've not put it down since using it :p

Back