Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How to SEO - Titles Descriptions and Tags (Full guide with example)

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Marketing, Strategy & SEO' started by Loki Doki, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $26
    EXAMPLE UPDATE

i thought i would dive back in to the analytics of my example video to see how it is getting on, the video has now been up 2 months, bare in mind it was a guide for game so expect a good drop off as less people will be playing and therefore searching for game related videos

first off, lets look at the rankings in our tags section

[​IMG]

exactly the same as before, very happy with that. viewer retention must be doing well to stay at number 1 for 2 months

Lets do a google search as before, last time we appeared number 5 on a google search, the result that came up was not the video directly but the google+ version i shared on a total war community

[​IMG]

interestingly the google+ communities link has dropped to 7th but the video itself is in 5th, brilliant result. to have 2 videos in the top 10 search results for one video!

when we looked last time at the videos tab on the google search i was second but suspected i would overtake after some time

[​IMG]
    BOOM, number 1 baby

The Video itself has just over 7,000 views now and has gained me 32 subscribers and still gets around 100 views per day

[​IMG]

here is some more stats for all your graph lovers

[​IMG]

i would like the view duration and retention to be higher but the reason its not is because its a tutorial video covering various aspects of how friendly fire works in game so once someones question has been answered (which could be 2 minutes in or 5 or 15 etc) they are more likely to click off

This as new and small youtubers have to strive for, as i said in my original post. find a niche within a niche, grow steadily and one day we can compete with those bigger youtubers and the broader search terms

2. KidsCorner
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $18
    Good example of how to get a piece of the pie with such a popular title, well done!

Mattaxol and Loki Doki like this.
  3. Mattaxol
    Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
    Cash:
    $36
    This taught me a lot, I always thought the best way to do tags was to have individual words and that YouTube searches would find any one(s) of those words added together. Very interesting. Thank you!

Loki Doki likes this.
  4. Kevinsmak
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $73
    I have a question when using TubeBuddy and you try to predict new keywords using the search tool that is built in, doesn't it pull from the title and description to do this? Just wondering as you mentioned to do the description last I thought Tag would be last because of this.

Loki Doki likes this.
  5. Fork
    Cash:
    $16
    Fantastic guide, thanks for this! :D

Loki Doki likes this.
  6. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $26
    i don't use tubebuddy for the keyword search. mostly i just use youtube search and just search my main phrase and see what it comes up with. also websites like http://www.betterwaytoweb.com/tag-generator-for-youtube are useful
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 4, 2016 ---
    no problem mate, hope you make good use out of it

Kevinsmak likes this.
  7. MrDooney
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $8
    Very useful, thank you. :)

Loki Doki likes this.
  8. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $26
    your welcome mate
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 7, 2016 ---
    your welcome fork, put it to good use :)

9. Mirandapanda
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $15
    This is great advice. Thanks for sharing! It can be a challenge sometimes to stand out in the oversaturated youtube world, so being as specific as possible in the title (and content itself) definitely helps :thumbsup2:

Loki Doki likes this.
  10. makkez535
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $12
    Great tips, i have to try this too