How to SEO - Titles Descriptions and Tags (Full guide with example)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay, so I followed your tips and added some more specific tags, got rid of the one word tags and used up all my tag space for one of my vlogs and it went from 5 views to 40 views overnight! I know it's not THAT many views but It's the most views any one of my videos has ever gotten :) It really shows how important tagging correctly is! Thanks so much for these tips :)
fantastic, this post made my day :)

Thanks for the tips man, It must have taken some time to put that together!
only about 25 minutes. i couldn't sleep so just started rambling lol

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Didn't get to catch this when you wrote it up. Great guide! The caveat that I think people should really pay attention to is the description. Save your social media for later down in the description. Youtube metadata prioritizes the first few lines more so than the rest.

Reactions: Loki Doki

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After reading the tutorial for a while I started to implement this myself. Although it helps a lot, I still struggle finding good ranking SEO terms in a crowded market. How should I find good tags then?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
for me i can kind of just reel them off in my mind having done them for so long (long before youtube) there are sites that you can look up keyword searches and they often give you ones that are similar

http://www.betterwaytoweb.com/tag-generator-for-youtube is a great easy website to get an idea. enter a keyword and it will give you lots of idea's. or enter a video url and see the tags it uses (tubebuddy also allows you to check peoples tags) always good to check the tags of the competition and see where you can improve

Mr_Oujamaflip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does having the one word tags act as a detriment? I usually have some phrase tags based on the subject of the video but since I review games I often just put the name of the game or the developers in there as well? Is there any harm in having a few one word tags? I've also heard from a few places having closed captions is a good idea since they add to search parameters. Since my reviews are all scripted it's easy for me to do it but I'm curious if you've got any confirmation on if it really makes a difference?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there is no harm in having one word tags at all. they won't work against you, but a tag like "overwatch" will never really help because there are a billion videos about overwatch. whereas a indie game that few have heard of called "blobknight" might do quite well due to the lack of competition

here is a interesting video regarding closed captions thats worth a watch

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Loki Doki - you, sir, are awesome. Thank you for putting this together. Going to rework some of my upcoming videos to see if I can make some positive alterations.

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
for me i can kind of just reel them off in my mind having done them for so long (long before youtube) there are sites that you can look up keyword searches and they often give you ones that are similar

is a great easy website to get an idea. enter a keyword and it will give you lots of idea's. or enter a video url and see the tags it uses (tubebuddy also allows you to check peoples tags) always good to check the tags of the competition and see where you can improve
Thanks for the tips man!