How to make your subscribers feel more involved

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Since I have a small channel, I tried to make my subscribers feel more involved in my videos, get them engaged in it. So, I decided to try something I thought was weird at first. I used OBS (my recording software) and made a text overlay, called "Subscriber of the Day".

What I'd do, is run a random number generator, and count to the sub assigned to that number. I'd then take that user, and put their name in the video, and their channel in the description.

I don't know if it'll help those with thousands of subscribers, but I hope it helps someone.

A lot of subscribers hide their subscriber list (much of the time because they don't know the setting exists and that it's set to "hide" by default) and so won't show up on your list, so some subscribers might feel left out because you never call their name and not realize it's because of the setting. But as a concept it's great, it would keep the subscribers coming back to see if their name was said.

Its a nice method to get people involved! Another good one is to ask them a question at the end of the video Ie) What are your thoughts on the new map pack" or "What is your favorite thing about this game?" Just small questions that make them feel like they are a part of the video and more than just a viewer

Seems like a good idea. I'd only count my active subs, though.
Me too[DOUBLEPOST=1382765131,1382765085][/DOUBLEPOST]
A lot of subscribers hide their subscriber list (much of the time because they don't know the setting exists and that it's set to "hide" by default) and so won't show up on your list, so some subscribers might feel left out because you never call their name and not realize it's because of the setting. But as a concept it's great, it would keep the subscribers coming back to see if their name was said.
I'd probably tell them about the hide subscriptions setting when they start complaining setting[DOUBLEPOST=1382765271][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its a nice method to get people involved! Another good one is to ask them a question at the end of the video Ie) What are your thoughts on the new map pack" or "What is your favorite thing about this game?" Just small questions that make them feel like they are a part of the video and more than just a viewer
Subscriber interaction is a huge booster, and almost everyone does the generic "If you thought the video was great, comment, like, subscribe" stuff. People like to feel involved, and this technique will help with that

I think another way to engage your audience is by replying to comments. If someone watching your videos sees that you're active in the comment section, answering questions and concerns, they'll probably be more inclined to say something themselves.

I think another way to engage your audience is by replying to comments. If someone watching your videos sees that you're active in the comment section, answering questions and concerns, they'll probably be more inclined to say something themselves.
Very true as well

Yes this sounds like a great idea for the active subs :) I reply to comments and messages so maybe competitions or shootouts are a good idea :)

be sure to check your fans page under community on youtube! this will give you a good idea of who to have as subscriber of the day! :D

This is so true! I am much less likely to comment on a video if I see that there are a bunch of unanswered comments. It just projects this "I'm too superior to reply to comments, but everyone go ahead and worship me!" vibe. Haha.

Back