How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it bad that I don't even put anything in my thumbnails that require stuff like stroke and dropshadow? I am just doing thumbnails completely wrong? Is it a possible reason why my channel only has 147 subs after 4 years?

I mean, I use PP to create thumbnails XD.

KyvaDos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you very much for your tips , for the dimension it is not better to do 1280*720 ? or "1920 by 1080" is better or not because there are people who doing with 720p ?[DOUBLEPOST=1504535360,1504535302][/DOUBLEPOST]
tubebuddy is good choice...
I hate Tubebuddy in making thumbnail , because you have to pay for them to add a new fonts , you know the fonts he propose for you are poor and not attractive even the template you can't do it with out paying for them :(

Last edited:

bluidguy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I will definitely try your tips out, having trained as a web designer and thus very familiar with Photoshop, I should already be doing this but honestly my thumbnails haven't been that great. Recently I think I have improved significantly, I keep hearing use click bait, but honestly when I get hit with click bait that doesn't deliver I have very negative feelings about it, so I don't want to jump into that sort of hole.

Also; is it still considered click-bait if you deliver on the promise in the thumbnail? Is click-bait false advertising, or simply good foolery?

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Spark Adobe is my new and for now the only choice. You can make awesome thumbnails for free. Recently they added small watermark in right lower corner but you can easily blur it or cut that part. What is good that you have the draft for youtube thumbnails so you don`t need to worry anymore how your picture will look when you upload what part will be cut off. In this way, what you see will be exactly what is in the thumbnail.

Samurai Quest

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In my short experience, the video that did the best without outside social media help was the one with this image.

As you can see, it is not an image. It is merely black with standard Arial font text.

I'm actually not sure if it's Arial font but you get the point.SexyBeasts.png

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the simple = better but the fact is that tits and butts and clickbaits works pretty good some people cant fight the urge to click them , for me i use canva as a free tool ,you sign up and k-booom you ready to make great thumbnails ..it has many many fonts to use from and has every things on dimensions and what do you want to post as an insta or yt ....you choose from many layouts and it's pretty much helpful when you don t have a PHOTOSHOP or you are on the run