Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think photoshop is the best software to make thumbnails:):up2::up2:

JVC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Also a great program to replace Photoshop is Gimp if you want a free Photo editing program.

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I don't have Photoshop so I have been using GIMP to make mine. Check them out if you want. They look OK but there aren't nearly as many features as a paid program like Photoshop. Anyone out there use GIMP and know how to do things like drop shadows and bordered text?

Reactions: JVC

JVC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't have Photoshop so I have been using GIMP to make mine. Check them out if you want. They look OK but there aren't nearly as many features as a paid program like Photoshop. Anyone out there use GIMP and know how to do things like drop shadows and bordered text?
Teknickel I also only use gimp. Gimp can do everything PS can do and more. The only reason I think people choose PS is because I think it is just a lot more easy to use and look more professional. You can actually make really surprisingly good photos for your video's with gimp. :)

Reactions: Teknickel 10

Sullygaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
idk about that software i may give it a try thnx bro

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Teknickel I also only use gimp. Gimp can do everything PS can do and more. The only reason I think people choose PS is because I think it is just a lot more easy to use and look more professional. You can actually make really surprisingly good photos for your video's with gimp. :)
Yeah, it's been nice so far and after trying to initially make a few thumbnails with Paint I feel like a photo editing wizard with GIMP lol!

However, I do run into some trouble with text and usually just duplicate the text, make it black, and then offset a little down and to the right to try and highlight the original text. Is there any easier/more efficient way to do that or even a way to highlight around an entire image with a border color?

Thanks in advance.

Niko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adobe photoshop... get alittle clickbaity with it, usually does the trick :p

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When creating a thumbnail, I find the picture needs to show captivating emotions. Once it triggers emotions, it's kind of like a clickbait without having the explanation of words with the title. Also big nice well read text is also a plus if needed.