Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Erkipsi, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Andrearene
    Cash:
    $0
    Awesome ,Thank you so much !

2. Sullygaming
    Cash:
    $8
    i think photoshop is the best software to make thumbnails:):up2::up2:

3. JVC
    JVC
    Cash:
    $28
    Also a great program to replace Photoshop is Gimp if you want a free Photo editing program.

4. Teknickel 10
    Cash:
    $27
    I don't have Photoshop so I have been using GIMP to make mine. Check them out if you want. They look OK but there aren't nearly as many features as a paid program like Photoshop. Anyone out there use GIMP and know how to do things like drop shadows and bordered text?

JVC likes this.
  5. JVC
    JVC
    Cash:
    $28
    Teknickel I also only use gimp. Gimp can do everything PS can do and more. The only reason I think people choose PS is because I think it is just a lot more easy to use and look more professional. You can actually make really surprisingly good photos for your video's with gimp. :)

Teknickel 10 likes this.
  6. Sullygaming
    Cash:
    $8
    idk about that software i may give it a try thnx bro

7. Teknickel 10
    Cash:
    $27
    Yeah, it's been nice so far and after trying to initially make a few thumbnails with Paint I feel like a photo editing wizard with GIMP lol!

However, I do run into some trouble with text and usually just duplicate the text, make it black, and then offset a little down and to the right to try and highlight the original text. Is there any easier/more efficient way to do that or even a way to highlight around an entire image with a border color?

Thanks in advance.

8. AnthonyWasabi
    Cash:
    $2
    Thanks for the tips!!

9. Niko
    Cash:
    $9
    Adobe photoshop... get alittle clickbaity with it, usually does the trick :p

10. ThisisJericho
    Cash:
    $45
    When creating a thumbnail, I find the picture needs to show captivating emotions. Once it triggers emotions, it's kind of like a clickbait without having the explanation of words with the title. Also big nice well read text is also a plus if needed.