Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Erkipsi, Mar 15, 2014.

1. WebsturYT
    Cash:
    $3
    pixlr is a great photo editing app I use for thumbnails. Basically a free but simpler photoshop

2. verdandi.red
    Cash:
    $6
    Just paint and go old school! :p

3. Ishtiak Ahmed
    Thx for the tips...good thumbnails work fine...

4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $14
    Great info Erksl. Contrast in color is also very important. I try to use color that pops and sharp text. Thum nails take up a small part of real estate and it can be hard to get them to stand out. My biggest problem is the time it takes to make them. My goal is to get them done faster. I do save a psd file that a main template and I customize that. Which brings me to the question. What software do most people use for thumb nails? I have the adobe suite but not everyone has that.

5. Boki
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $17
    I think that it is important for thumbnails to have a sort of consistent appearance that doesn't go against what's actually on them.
    I simply apply a black brush at 50% opacity in a rectangle. Then I simply write in white over it - this allows me to write on the thumbnail regardless if it's pitch black or blinding white.
    Also, something I like to do - I like for that darkened strip to interact with the thumbnail in some way. For example, a part of the thumbnail will go over it. It's fun to make and it looks as if the thumbnail pic is interacting with the text box. :)

Reviewing Virtuously likes this.
  6. Ishtiak Ahmed
    Great idea...I like it...thx...

7. Seansie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $121
    I have some experience with Canva, but will definitely try out others mentioned on here such as Pixlr. I would make thumbnails with photoshop, but I can’t even get close to grasping the intricacy of all its options

Reviewing Virtuously likes this.
  8. MASE
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    Photoshop is king. I put a lot of time into creating my thumbnails but I enjoy the process of making it mine.

Seansie likes this.
  9. LaVelleLaRue
    Cash:
    $7
    Thanks for the info. When it comes to the thumbnail. I'm good with everything but that DAMMMMMMNNNNNN background. I'm always stuck at that point. Nice read and thanks for the knowledge.

Ishtiak Ahmed likes this.
  10. anglingdharma
    Cash:
    $10
    thank u for your information n your tips...

NoahPlayz likes this.