How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

I try to show either faces or one face screaming or doing something crazy - and only enough text to say what the video is about.
Here is one i did today:
holcomb-creek-in-4Lo.jpg

Great tips! I have been trying to be as consistent as possible with my thumbnails. I like to have an eye-catching image and a nice bolded title. The simpler the better.

Usually I use photos related to my topics, frame them, and think of a title. My channel icon and name of my channel is always placed in the left corner at the bottom. I feel now they might be a bit boring...
On the other hand I think they suit my channel.
Thumbnails, channel art etc. are a question of taste. As long as the creator is happy, it's the right choice I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1495324566,1495324492][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great tips! I have been trying to be as consistent as possible with my thumbnails. I like to have an eye-catching image and a nice bolded title. The simpler the better.

I visited your channel and love your thumbnails.

I'm still not the best at it, and using GIMP over Photoshop probably isn't the best idea either. But hey, you can't beat free right?
I drew up custom avatars for me and the people in my team (some are still a work in progress) and a logo that I put in every thumbnail, or at least most of them.
I don't always have the best font choices, but they've definitely come a long way from how they used to look.
I think the biggest thing is finding your own niche so that people can easily tell that its your video.

I use the amazing free app or website called Canva, but Pic Monkey is awesome too! I like to use a clear photo or small collage photos with a clear, bold and big title.

I have been on youtube for a couple years now i know how to edit and how to make a cool thumbnail this is my latest video tumbnail

Attachments

• 24 HOUR PUSH UP CHALLENGE 100 PUSH UPS A HOUR (BEFORE & AFTER).png
    24 HOUR PUSH UP CHALLENGE 100 PUSH UPS A HOUR (BEFORE & AFTER).png
    145 KB · Views: 4
Only just started looking into thumbnails, and couldn't for the life of me find out how to do it with paint 3D (yes i know stupid me, but i've had a lot on recently) thanks for the suggestion of canva!

Back