How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for sharing your thumbnail knowledge! I will keep this information in mind!

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is good advice! The pattern background with low transparency is what I do every time. Looks great without being too busy! You know, I always forget about drop shadow. I use stroke, and just stop there. I'll experiment with that sometime! Thanks for the tips :)

squishlord

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A
Hey guys, a lot of people have been asking, so I though I'd share a bit of my knowledge about making thumbnails with PS, and how to make them amazing looking that are bound to get your videos a few more views!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Make sure the dimension size is 1920 by 1080 (for best quality)

1). Firstly, make sure not to do what I call typical styles. Now by this I mean don't do what has been done a million times before, like using the same overlays everyone always does. Though some are great and should be used, try testing out with a few and changing them up a bit. By doing this your text will have a smooth, unique look to it

2). Though this is pretty obvious, USE STROKE AND DROP SHADOW! No doubt without these your text will look so much worse. Pretty well everyone uses these, but it truly is vital to use them.

3). Thirdly, be sure to add extra textures and overlays to your text. Download some pattern overlays, and use them with your text. It will look amazing if you put down the opacity of the overlay, so it doesn't distract the viewer from the actual text and the rest of the thumbnail. Download some transparent flashes, and add them to the sides of the text, or behind! All little things like this can make thumbnails incredible... but only if they are done correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1). For the rest of thumbnail, you must make sure it is clean. By this I mean be sure not to add too much or too little. If you are doing a thumbnail for a let's play, behind your text possibly have a picture of the game (if it is a unique custom drawing it's even better). Don't add lots of text, but enough so the viewer knows what he is watching.

2). If you are doing a custom colour background, possibly and a pattern with low opacity for a great effect!

3). Just make sure no parts are blurry: you want full HD!

I really hope this helped. If you have any problems what so every comment down below! And subscribe to my channel if you like, I do lots of GFX and give free thumbnail, banner, and intro templates!
Appreciate the tips!

TheDoublePies

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the tips :D

Could anyone check if my Pocket Mirror thumbnail is good? I just changed it.

bstylz01

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use paint. Net. Like photoshop but easier ad free!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

K-Crow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely useful information. I'll be sure to return to this post when I decide to start making custom thumbnails.

Atomicred

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I make my thumbnail using pixlr.com free to use and no download and easy to use.

Gracev1011

I've Got It
Reaction score
thumbnails are great! adding fun pictures, colors, bold letters, or emojis will really catch your viewers attention