How to grow a large gaming channel.

Follow these steps:
1) Name your video file with relevant keywords before you upload to YouTube.

2) Title your movie with catchy keywords AND BE SURE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH.

3) Fill out the video description with at least 2 - 3 paragraphs of text.

4) Put all the keywords from the title and description in the "tags" section.

5) Share your video with all your friends.

6) Make a video response to an already popular video on YouTube.

7) Encourage sharing, allow comments, video responses and embedding of your video.

8 ) Embed your new video prominently on your website to create 2 way traffic.

9) Have your fellow bloggers reference or embed the video on their site as well.

As far as techniques are concerned you can perform the techniques either by your own or you can seek help from freelancers on webs like SEOClerks, but they charge you a small cost for it.

Another good guide by uber danger. You are just amazing thanks for all your guides the reason uberdanger got 'famus'' is becouse he is entertaining not a alot of youtubers are like him

Thanks for the great information.
those were really good tips for the growth of gaming channel.

O man I cant believe that I totally forgot about reddit lol. Thanks for all of the great advice and hopefully I will one day see everyone here at the top!

It all seems to be luck really, who finds you and who shares your videos. I have great content (editing usually takes many hours for a single video), but unfortunately I don't catch anyone's attention. However, the people who actually bother to watch my content have so far liked it.

And my most viewed videos have been 'lucky', like my vanish speedrun video, I think people from Markipliers channel found my video (because they wanted to see how the game actually ends), and I think candy crush fb-page have featured my video once. So those videos have sky-rocketed in views for my channel while everything else remains at 20+ views.

On your last tip that I should find a name for my audience or come up with a character, I have tried for years but never found anything solid. It feels weird to call the viewers anything. I tried with simply "pal", "hello pals", but it never felt decent. I'll try different openings and stick with what sounds best I guess.

I do mostly gaming content (duh), but for milestones, updates and challenges etc I do vlog type of things, so that brings a little bit different content to the channel.

Wow, I didnt even consider using reddit, however my biggest question is what defines a gateway video and what are the foundations of making one? There must be certain attributes they all have, like a check list to give us the best ability to create a successful gateway video.

Overall fantastic guide though!

Not to be a downer here but a few things. Firstly gateway video meaning you need a video to hit it big. Although it be nice to get that one video that out of nowhere gets 2 million views it's not likely. I for one am not going to waste my time trying to make that one video that can hit it big. It would burn me out faster then doing a let's play. Now as to keeping up on r/gaming r/ whatever topic you want it to be is wise. Because you never know what might pop up that you can jump on. So the way I see it you need a mix you can keep up on R/gaming or R/... But also have a set of videos that you can make easily and have fun with and not run yourself into a wall trying to find that magic bullet video to grow.

Back