HOW TO: Get More Views by Targeting 'Long Tail'/Compound Keywords for Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TubeBuddy's tag explorer is available to everyone. I don't recall it ever having any kind of limitation on that feature. Canned-Respoonses yes. That's all I really use TubeBuddy for.

I did some quick researching on the long-tail tags for some games I want to do videos for in the near future. I think finding those long-tail search terms that have low competition but very high search are extremely golden. Own that search phrase and you'll be good for content that uses it.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately i don't think that good tags are as helpful as You might think. Look at my search rankings for my latest video:

Seems decent, right? Well it didn't help much since my video got only like 35 views since yesterday and I am positive that most of them came from my subscriber (because they commented on the video).

I used to have also great search rankings for my video about FIFA 16 Fut Draft but again - it accumulated 287 views in 3 weeks so nothing crazy. And I posted this video the same day that feature was announced so surely a lot of people were searching for that.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Nah~ I believe good tags are good for the long run. It might not give you instant views but it will give you views especially if you're on the first page of the searches. Like one of my video, It gets an average of 50-60 views in 48 hours since its first published and is still getting the same average now.

In the beginning, I tried promoting it but only managed to get a few views and then I just left it. Now it has around 2000 views and most of those views came from searches. That's probably because its currently number 1 on a few of the searches as well. Here's the lifetime traffic sources it came from: also the video is around 2.5 minute long.

upload_2015-8-27_8-11-6.png

If it constantly gives me the amount of views for a year or 2, it would give me around 10k views or more, in the long run.

GMI

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Moto, many thanks for your excellent lesson. I really got excited reading how you did this. I think my niche is far too competitive and not that much traffic for it to go as wild as yours, but none the less, brilliant insight and lesson. Thanks again. Ged

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Moto, many thanks for your excellent lesson. I really got excited reading how you did this. I think my niche is far too competitive and not that much traffic for it to go as wild as yours, but none the less, brilliant insight and lesson. Thanks again. Ged
You're more than welcome mate. I think the extra view traffic and attracting new subscribers will encourage you to keep going and with that you get better. My channel has grown signifigantly since first writing this and now I'm ranking for more single and two worded tags, but having said that there are still quiet a few long tails bringing in some nice traffic :)

DeathByVlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very awesome post man! Thank you for sharing. I'm completely new to the whole tagging thing and really need to start working on this aspect of my videos. I started YT about two months ago and haven't been using my tags correctly. I'm using them and titles like I'm some popular YouTuber haha. I need to sit down and really take a look at this tagging info deeper.

Thanks! :)

JWL TV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the advice i shall give this a go with my next upload

Status
Not open for further replies.