How People Fail At Youtube

mouseinsneakers

real life rodentia
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Really great post! Hobby and Chore misconception is definitely one thing where you can figure out whether you're actually making content you like or not. If you love Youtube/making videos, but seem to find the ones you're making to be a chore, maybe it's time to try and make some different types of videos? It's happened to me! :)

Pigception

Reaction score
Yeah ive gone through lots of channels hoping to get lots of subscribers. Id record something and delete it cause i was comparing my videos to the "big ones". Now im just uploading what i enjoy.

Last21Child

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is very helpful, I actually havent checked my analytics so I should and see where I need to improve on my content! Thanks a lot!

Luceroboy

LooseArrowBoy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
My biggest conflict is that I WANT to make youtube my future career. I enjoy spending countless hours on my channel. I think I spend atleast 12 hours a day on it from making content to advertising it on twitter and forums. The only problem is that I'm 20 years old going to turn 21 in August. I just started about 4 weeks ago and there has been little progress.

I WISH I could just make youtube videos and live a comfortable life, but life isn't perfect! I feel like I'm running out of time and I need to make significant progress before I graduate next year. This is also what drives me to work hard everyday!

jakewilkinz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
also be consistent! I wasn't and it almost ruined my channel completely. The worst thing I did was stop making videos then start again and then stop again - it pretty much killed channel growth.. So yea from experience, if you enjoy it keep making content regularly or you'll regret it

Reaction score
I'm also trying to make some profit, but I know it will require hard work and much time, but do not want to just have youtube, I want to expand things for blogs, website, twitch, streams eventually, but for now my focus is on my youtube channel. I started putting some videos just for fun in 2010 and did not care much about monetizing them, only in October 2013 that really entered this field, and now try to learn techniques to expand my channel and leave it popular, always try to learn tips on forums and some great and famous channels that do the similar works but i try hard to make something better than them.

approvideos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with this post. I make videos because I like it I also like the unique type of pressure that comes with having people eventually going to watch and critique how I am playing a certain game. I also like how I can affect someones mood positively by them watching a funny video! If I can make someone smile or laugh while watching my funny videos then I feel like I have done a great job. I know all of my videos arent funny but I just have fun making videos. I even have fun editing them as well :p

Reactions: mrchallenge365

mrchallenge365

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Other
All absolutely true.
Couldn't agree more about it being about doing what you love & nurturing a hobby rather than trying to create revenue.
Any one that's been great at anything has never done it for money - the fact is that once you start doing something you love eventually you will get good at it. And as long as you get good at it, eventually there will be someone that wants to pay you for it.
This is how I see YouTube. As long as you're enjoying it and doing what inspires you, then you don't need to worry about views and subs as eventually they'll come - no matter how long that takes!!