How often do upload videos?

We certainly are in the same boat...and the pun was well received :0)
I appreciated your comment about consistency coming from the same video structures. I listened to a presentation by Amy Schmittauer in which she spoke about the importance of this. I am trying to keep the format of my presentation pretty much the same in each video so that the viewers know what to expect.
Glad the pun was appreciated hahaha! And yeah, I think a lot of people skim over the fact that "consistency" doesn't always mean "I upload every x amount of days". I mean some YouTubers have managed to gain huge followings without sticking to a stable schedule (e.g. communitychannel). Consistency comes from many other things and in which areas you can create that really depends on your priorities and resources. :p

Every Tuesday and Saturday for me. I don't have much time to record video's so I can't upload as many video's as I would like.

My goal is to upload 2 videos a week but sometimes life happens and only one video gets uploaded. we started 2 months ago but I am hoping to start uploading daily soon.

right now I am doing once a week and will up my uploading to two or more days a week if my views and comments show that they (the subscribers) want more.

My new YT channel will be doing Mondays and Tuesdays (giving it a break) and then uploading Fridays and Saturdays (and another break)

An old video by game theory talks about subscriber burning which is what he uses when he describes uploading daily to the point where viewers and subscribers are tired of watching the content by the YouTuber. This is what cripples YouTube channels to where only 30% of the subscribers watch (at least in Pewds defense that is given in the video) Hopefully by putting in breaks between my videos I can reduce the chance of loosing views from over saturated subscribers who are bored of watching my weird self do weird things. Of course it all depends on the viewers, I try to give myself a wide spectrum of topics to watch on YouTube so I don't become an over saturated subscriber. Majority of my friends have slowly lost interest in gaming and YouTube videos about gaming because that's all they watched. You can find the videos I was talking about by searching "Yes, Pewdiepie. YouTube IS Broken."

I used to make 2 videos a week. Then I discovered that the YouTube algorithm massively rewards you for daily uploads. So I started uploading daily, and I intend to keep it that way indefinitely unless something causes me to be unable to do so.

That algorithm sucks for creators like myself. Unfortunately my videos would be impossible to pump out every day. I can manage to finish one sequence a day with my full time job. I personally at this time can only upload one video a week, I'm hoping that I can eventually do two. However, having to be active on social media to get my channel noticed is priority number one right now. I assume by rewarding creators you mean that ad revenue $$.

Back