How long does it take you to shoot+edit 1 video?

I know that when I first started posting videos, it used to take me 30-60 minutes to shoot a 4-6 minute video, and then another 1.5-2 hours to edit. Now I feel more comfortable in front of a camera & using Final Cut Pro, so I can shoot a 4 minute video in about 15 minutes, and cut the editing down to about 1 hour (unless there is lots of editing that needs to be done, such as jump-cuts, adding lots of text, adjusting exposure, etc). If there is lots of editing, then it will still take me 1.5-2 hours.

Even though I just do gaming videos, I'll usually record myself playing for an hour so I have a lot of bits to choose from and then I take a few hours to edit since I usually ask what other people think of a video before I post it! I haven't done a lot of editing until recently so it's kind of nice to ask someones opinion before I upload my videos!

It depends on what series im going with. Im a gaming channel who does NHL videos so some can take 35 minutes to shoot. 10 minutes to edit and then its done because its a lets play style career mode with minimal editing. But i have one series on my channel called "drunk chel" where i record with my buddies for 5 hours on a friday night. get really drunk, then edit that 5 hours of video down to 4-7 minutes of highlights/funny bits. the editing sometimes takes between 3-4 hours! Its a draining series to make, but its all worth it!

It really depends on what I'm filming, one video had taken a few days, and another had taken a few hours, so it really depends, although, I'm more of a lifestyle/beauty youtube, so it is a little easier for me to upload a video that i film in the same day of filming it.

20-30 minutes to set up and shoot. 5 minutes to edit. uploading, updating thumbnail and SEO takes 10 minutes. so 40 minutes total for a normal episode

I know that when I first started posting videos, it used to take me 30-60 minutes to shoot a 4-6 minute video, and then another 1.5-2 hours to edit. Now I feel more comfortable in front of a camera & using Final Cut Pro, so I can shoot a 4 minute video in about 15 minutes, and cut the editing down to about 1 hour (unless there is lots of editing that needs to be done, such as jump-cuts, adding lots of text, adjusting exposure, etc). If there is lots of editing, then it will still take me 1.5-2 hours.

For the most part, my videos don't have heavy editing so I can usually edit them and have them ready to be rendered in about 20-30 minutes. However, there are times when I do go above and beyond and those videos do take a couple hours. The majority of the time though I don't edit all that much aside from adding text and music. Recording on the other hand can take from 1-2 hours. Not that big of a deal to be honest since I'll have enough footage to last me 3 weeks after a full session.

Back