How do you record your Videos?

I was using Bandicam for the longest time but then I upgraded versions and started having problems with it. So from now on I'll be using OBS to record. I also have a SADES brand headset for the audio (it's a cheap headset but it works well)

Hey Everyone!
Today I wanted to share how I record and edit my Videos for youtube because I get asked many times so here's how I do it :D

Programs I use:
  • OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) FREE!
  • Adobe Premiere Pro ($9.99/mo)
  • Adobe Photoshop CC
My Recording gear:
  • Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone
  • Behringer Xenix 302 USB
My PC Specs:
  • nVidia GTX 970
  • Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz
  • 16GB Ram and Windows 7
  • 4TB HDD, 500GB SSD
  • Corsair Watercooling
  • NZXT H440 (Green and Black)
So now my question for you! What do you use to edit with? Do you have any tips or tricks to record better? Share them with us! I'd love to know!
Recording :
DxTory
Fraps

Editing and thumbnails etc.
Vegas pro 12
Photoshop cs6

Recording Gear:
Blue Snowball
Razer Kraken usb 7.1

PC Specs :
Cpu : AMD Fx-8350 8 core
GPU Amd r9 270 2gb
Ram 16 gb
two 1tb harddrives 7200rpm

I have a Canon 70D that I record with. I have to use a lot of lighting because I don't have a lot of natural lighting in the house. I edit my videos with Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 and my thumbnails with Photoshop and Lightroom. That's pretty much it. Oh, for my 70D I have a 18-135mm lens and a prime 30mm sigma lens.

With this:
230425.png
WOOH!!
That name is written the same way of an Italian reseller brand of Technologie!!
MediaWorld.png

Who did copy the other one?
Just a coincidence? '0'

Programs I use:
  • Xsplit Gamecaster Premium
  • Sony Vegas Pro 13
  • Adobe Photoshop CC
  • Audacity
My Recording gear:
  • Steelseries Siberia v2
My PC Specs:
  • AMD Radeon R9 270
  • Intel Core i7 3.5 GHz
  • 16GB Ram and Windows 7
  • 1TB SSHD, 1TB HDD
  • Fractal Design Define R5 (Black)

Vid Editing Software:
Filmora

Camera:
Nikon Coolpix S3600

PC:
Sony Vaio E Series

:) aiming to get an Imac desktop so then i'll be using Imovie for vid editing. Filmora is great actually, I really love it & also Movavi is what I used in the beginning & it was user friendly, easy to use.

Hello all!

I record my videos using a T3i. I use the stock 18-35mm, 40mm 2.8, and the 50mm 1.8. I am probably going to invest in a wide angle lens very soon since I think that is a great option for vloggers.

I edit using the Adobe suite. I use Premiere Pro for the video, Audition for the audio, Photoshop for the graphics, and After Effects whenever I need to cry for a bit.

A great piece of gear that I recommend to anyone recording themselves is a remote shutter button. If you get the right kind (you will have to do the research on that one), you should be able to focus and start recording without having to be behind the camera. I used to plug my dslr into my laptop and use a program called EOS Utility (for Canon cameras), but having my laptop and wires all over the place felt very restricting.

I plan to upgrade to a full frame camera one day. Every inch you can get counts when filming in tight rooms like I tend to do!
How do you like using the T3i with the 50mm 1.8 lens? I was really trying to get that "high quality out of focus look" but do you think it's worth it?

How do you like using the T3i with the 50mm 1.8 lens? I was really trying to get that "high quality out of focus look" but do you think it's worth it?
sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot about this website... oops. IMHO, I would use the 50mm very selectively. It is really no good for vlogging on the t3i. The t3i is a crop sensor camera which means the image will be zoomed in a bit. Given that 50mm is already a pretty zoomed in lens to begin with, the crop sensor definitely does not help. Also, since most vlogs are shot in tight, small bedrooms, it is very possible you will not have enough space to use it effectively.

As far as the "high quality out of focus look" (otherwise known as a shallow depth of field), It can get you that, but a crop sensor camera will also keep the background from being as shallow as the lens would normally allow.

To try and put it the easiest way possible, crop senor cameras come with a number that you have to multiply the focal length and aperture by in order to understand the full potential of the lens. I believe the number for the t3i is 1.6. This means that a 50mm lens is really an 80mm lens (1.6 x 50mm) and the aperture of 1.8 is really a 2.88 (1.6 x 1.8).

Sorry for the vomit of information. Basically, I would make sure your shot is well exposed and well framed before worrying about the quality of the background. If the 50mm won't work in the setting you film, I would skip it or invest in a full frame camera first.

Back