How do you record your Videos?

RuxPlay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Everyone!
Today I wanted to share how I record and edit my Videos for youtube because I get asked many times so here's how I do it :D

Programs I use:
  • OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) FREE!
  • Adobe Premiere Pro ($9.99/mo)
  • Adobe Photoshop CC
My Recording gear:
  • Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone
  • Behringer Xenix 302 USB
My PC Specs:
  • nVidia GTX 970
  • Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz
  • 16GB Ram and Windows 7
  • 4TB HDD, 500GB SSD
  • Corsair Watercooling
  • NZXT H440 (Green and Black)
So now my question for you! What do you use to edit with? Do you have any tips or tricks to record better? Share them with us! I'd love to know!

Last edited:

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I edit my videos with a few different softwares....
# Cubase LE 7
# VideoPad Video Editor
# Apple iMovie
# Audacity Audio Editor
# SONY Vegas Pro 13

Reactions: RuxPlay

Wigglenator

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Programs I use:
  • Audacity
  • Sony Vegas Pro 2013
  • Photoshop CS6
My Recording gear:
  • Logitech C920 Webcam
  • AT2020 USB Condenser MIC
  • Elgato HD Game Capture Card

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
HI !! :wavespin:

I use almost ALL the Adobe suite from the screenwriting to the post-production, VFx and MotionGraphics =)

Record with mobile and compact camera at 1080p but sometime I need to resize my video for editing It in my aged computer, expecially in VFx!! =]

Anyway.. can power up my computer using 4 different HDD:
  1. O.S. and Adobe Installation
  2. Media Location
  3. Cache
  4. Audio/text/aux ^^

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all!

I record my videos using a T3i. I use the stock 18-35mm, 40mm 2.8, and the 50mm 1.8. I am probably going to invest in a wide angle lens very soon since I think that is a great option for vloggers.

I edit using the Adobe suite. I use Premiere Pro for the video, Audition for the audio, Photoshop for the graphics, and After Effects whenever I need to cry for a bit.

A great piece of gear that I recommend to anyone recording themselves is a remote shutter button. If you get the right kind (you will have to do the research on that one), you should be able to focus and start recording without having to be behind the camera. I used to plug my dslr into my laptop and use a program called EOS Utility (for Canon cameras), but having my laptop and wires all over the place felt very restricting.

I plan to upgrade to a full frame camera one day. Every inch you can get counts when filming in tight rooms like I tend to do!

Reactions: FraYoshi

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Full Adobe suit, 5D with whatever microphones are free that day or my personal 600D. For video games, OBS and DxTory.
I'm also incredibly jealous of how cheap the whole CC is for you US people.. Nearly double here.

Reactions: FraYoshi

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
Full Adobe suit, 5D with whatever microphones are free that day or my personal 600D. For video games, OBS and DxTory.
I'm also incredibly jealous of how cheap the whole CC is for you US people.. Nearly double here.
Wooooh I love 5D!!!! I worked 3 months with the 5D mark II, I falled in love :inlove: 35mm my love too :x32:
Talking about Adobe Cloud.. Here in Italy is 39/month, I think It is a great deal but I have no idea of the US price :cautious2:

Reactions: Styxie

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
I record with either Fraps or Camtasia and I edit with camtasia although I'm trying to learn sony vegas at the moment.

RuxPlay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I record with either Fraps or Camtasia and I edit with camtasia although I'm trying to learn sony vegas at the moment.
Sounds really cool! I've used Sony Vegas before. It's quite easy to learn once you get started and I'm sure you'll learn it fast :)[DOUBLEPOST=1430050889,1430050835][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love the 600D :) I've also got one! And yes OBS is quite amazing for free :)[DOUBLEPOST=1430051060][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello all!

I record my videos using a T3i. I use the stock 18-35mm, 40mm 2.8, and the 50mm 1.8. I am probably going to invest in a wide angle lens very soon since I think that is a great option for vloggers.

I edit using the Adobe suite. I use Premiere Pro for the video, Audition for the audio, Photoshop for the graphics, and After Effects whenever I need to cry for a bit.

A great piece of gear that I recommend to anyone recording themselves is a remote shutter button. If you get the right kind (you will have to do the research on that one), you should be able to focus and start recording without having to be behind the camera. I used to plug my dslr into my laptop and use a program called EOS Utility (for Canon cameras), but having my laptop and wires all over the place felt very restricting.

I plan to upgrade to a full frame camera one day. Every inch you can get counts when filming in tight rooms like I tend to do!
Woah that sounds really good, speacially the adobe suite is just amazing! Some great tips for everyone too. I've also used the EOS Utility a few times, It's great for recording if you want to do something with a facecam or similar :)

Reactions: Styxie and FraYoshi

Mishamy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The software that I use is:
  • Camtasia Recorder 8 for windowed games
  • Bandicam for fullscreeen games (but I´m trying to change it since, for some reason the sound quality isn´t the same as with the other) Tried Fraps, but never really did work for me.
  • Camtasia Studio 8, but seriously considering changing it since today I tried to render a video like 20 times and never could.