How do you come up with your video ideas?

I Drop LSD.
JK
Alot of the ideas for my shows are inspiration from other concepts.
Haptic Feedback a series i am working on now is inspiration from CinemaSins
Except we talk as if we were developers and creators of the game and talk about what could have been different/better.

Other content is usually a spawn of speaking to people, just start spit balling till an idea is formed.[DOUBLEPOST=1465251823,1465251767][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a notepad and a whiteboard on my wall where I write my ideas. I get my ideas in 4 places. Bed, shower, toilet or in class. I write them down then and then build off of them when I have time
gonna have to steal this idea, cause i usually forget my ideas, i always mean to write them in my phone but i never do.

So for my series "This Clip Does Not Promote" me and my 'Co-star' sit with a blank document open and he throws random words at me in obscure sequences until it triggers my brain and I start typing like I've had ideas my whole life XD for example...

Co-star - "Watermelon jumping, elbow licking, trees in my face, sticky air hurts, wash behind his ears, car puking love"
Me - gets idea starts typing like crazy XD

I'm just a beginner so I started by writing down my interests and topics I'm passionate about, I then listed my favourite types of videos to watch. the more you like what you're doing, the more people will be drawn to your videos

What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
I have a theme for every day, so that provides a baseline inspiration. For travel days, I watch Anthony bourdain stuff, for beauty, zoella and Ingrid Nilsen, thoughtful Thursdays, whatever I've been thinking hard about that week, etc etc. Basically watching stuff similar to what I wanna produce.

I come up with my ideas when I can't sleep at 2am in the morning. My retail nightmare stories come from when I've had a bad day at work.

Hey everyone! As a screenwriter the planning stage takes me a lot longer than the actual video making process lol .. Personally, I find it easier to have every little thing planned out rather than having to make things up on the spot when I'm recording. For each video I have a full script written as well as outlines, since my vids are planned to be between 4-8 minutes it takes about a week to finish each script. Ideas come to me randomly, maybe by watching something, hearing something, etc and I always have a small moleskin notebook with me so I don't forget them..

Hey Guys new video out ''My Favourite GoPro Mounts'' and started a new channel iJustin and i want you all to come over and say hi....[DOUBLEPOST=1468434662,1468434427][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guys i have a new video out called My Favourite GoPro Mounts and i would love some feedback on it.. plus don't be shy, come by and say ''hi''

I have a horrible short term memory, so when I get an idea I have to write a memo on phone, or else it's gone forever.

Back