Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How do you come up with your video ideas?

Discussion in 'Scripts, Script Writing, Video Ideas & Planning' started by UnitedF1HD, Feb 11, 2013.

1. UnitedF1HD
    i <3 YTTalk
    Cash:
    $26
    What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.

2. jochem
    where the fields are green and the air fresh
    Cash:
    $1
    since i have a photographical memory for things not from school i always remember them. i usually come up with them as my going home from school on my bike or the bus. the journey is around 12 kilometers long so i always go daydreaming over my music comming out of my headphones. and that way i somehow get ides. now i only have to get the edit skills to make them to a video :)

3. SamaJaffa
    Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
    Cash:
    $846
    Ideas just come to me throughout the day. Sometimes I can think of an idea for a video on the spot and develop it further and others might take longer and need some more planning. I've always been pretty good at improvisation and I'm very creative and imaginative so coming up with ideas isn't a very big problem. Trying to show it in the video is the difficult bit

4. 3 Schmoes
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
    Cash:
    $80
    I have a notebook where I write down anything that comes to mind that could potentially make a good video. Sometimes I'm able to develop it into something, but often I just end up saving it for later use.

5. Unknown_User12
    Account Closed
    Cash:
    $163
    I have a notepad and a whiteboard on my wall where I write my ideas. I get my ideas in 4 places. Bed, shower, toilet or in class. I write them down then and then build off of them when I have time

GameGoofs, ThisisKP and SKeRGraphics like this.
  6. aksupertiger
    Cash:
    $19
    I usually come up with ideas right before I drop off to sleep :p Or in class.

7. Back2RespawnYT
    Entertainer :D
    Cash:
    $204
    i do the same thing lol i have a pocket note book where i jot down alot of stuff within my mind that can become potential commentary topics and I am trying out new things on my channel such as duel coms so yeah it will be a blast :) try to mix things up

8. copycat
    Cash:
    $36
    I write a list of things I want to do, then plan what I want to achieve, then search random resources for expanding my idea.
    write up a draft and then press record.. it's a 5 day process until I develop my ideas. Sometimes I 'm lucky and get multiple ideas and record them at once, then some weeks I just put out the "just incase" videos when I lack creativity that week.

9. Messages:
    Cash:
    $30
    I just think of what I'll say. Usually I come up with an idea for a video then think of things to say as I go. Usually, I'll record something, stop, think of something else to say, then record it

Mick and ThisisKP like this.
  10. Messages:
    Cash:
    $10
    I get my ideas while I'm watching TV or other videos, Blog Post, INstagram, being in public

Klangphon, ThisisKP and Ninth like this.