I guess it takes a lot of work and many before mentioned it takes time, so maybe just stick to it.

Also, what i wanted to point out in particular is, that I think some famous youtuber who gives advice to small
youtubers said, that it is better to have more views than subscribers, because that means new people are watching
who haven't already subscribed. Hence they are potential new subscribers.

so it's a good thing actually

I 100% agree about thanking subs for certain milestones. I made a "Thanks for 100 subs" video when I reached the milestone, and it was one of my top viewed and commented on videos in the past 4 months. I don't want to overdo it though. I'll shoot for another one at 500.

As for verbally asking for engagement in videos...I honestly don't find it helps me. I have better luck peppering my videos with silly cards than I do with outright asking for engagement. I know I've converted a handful of people this way. My logic is as follows...

I say something silly in a video "Urban Zombie? Do you suppose they like Italian URBAN cheese...bread!?" then a card pops up which says something to the effect of "Do YOU like Italian URBAN cheese bread"? which links to a poll. If I can get people to participate in silly card polls throughout the video, when my final card pops up that says "Subscribe to MegaHarv if you like" I feel it's easier for them to both click on the "I'll go subscribe now!" selection as well as actually subscribe.

I've always had trouble getting people doing stuff that I ask of them. Something about my delivery, it sucks apparently...but it seems like there is a disconnect with the cards. It's as though the viewer sees the card as a separate person, rather than me editing in cards afterwards,

Something to think about!

Also too it helps I've found to find who your audience is. Who are you targeting for these videos. It's easy to simply say everyone, but you need a target demographic.
I saw a roblox upload in between a call of duty and a wolf among us upload. I'm not sure that the same demographics watch both those types of videos, and that may be why your viewer retention is soo low.
Maybe try narrowing down the types of videos to target them more specifically to one audience.

Make as best quality videos as you can, while still being consistent and as frequent as you can. If you show up for yourself, people will start to show up for you. Make your content searchable and creative.

Back